new saddle

scarthie99
scarthie99 Posts: 209
edited January 2012 in Road beginners
look at a new saddle i got Prologo Scratch Pro T2.0 on my super six bike.look at a new saddle.look at Ritchey WCS Contrail+Selle Italia Maxflite Gel Flow.any info please
:?

Comments

• Ron Stuart
    Ron Stuart Posts: 1,242
    How much can you spend?
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Why is the question in code ? We don't have a limit of 140 characters ?

If the question is 'recommend me a new saddle' - then try the Charge Spoon. It suits a lot of people and is cheap.
  • i got &80 pound budget look for a comfortable saddle :P
  • John.T
    John.T Posts: 3,698
    scarthie99 wrote:
    i got &80 pound budget look for a comfortable saddle :P
    Any recommendation you get on here will be what suits the poster. There is no guarantee that it will be any use to you unfortunately. You will only find out by trying them which can get expensive. Try to find a bike shop that carries test saddles. Selle Italia dealers have them and if you make full use of the internet I am sure you can find others.
    It took me about 6 years to find the Selle Italia Flight Gel-flo, which according to all the bum testers is too narrow for me, but is the most comfortable one I have ever had. It is not just the width that matters but how flat (or otherwise) it is across the back and also it's general shape.
  • I second the Charge Spoon from wiggle, £15 and unbelievable difference to the standard bontrager on my trek 1.2

But hey, it's horses for courses!
  • Hoopdriver
    Hoopdriver Posts: 2,023
    John.T wrote:
    scarthie99 wrote:
    i got &80 pound budget look for a comfortable saddle :P
    Any recommendation you get on here will be what suits the poster. There is no guarantee that it will be any use to you unfortunately. You will only find out by trying them which can get expensive. Try to find a bike shop that carries test saddles. Selle Italia dealers have them and if you make full use of the internet I am sure you can find others.
    It took me about 6 years to find the Selle Italia Flight Gel-flo, which according to all the bum testers is too narrow for me, but is the most comfortable one I have ever had. It is not just the width that matters but how flat (or otherwise) it is across the back and also it's general shape.

+1

Nobody can give you meaningful advice on selecting a saddle. You have to find out for yourself. We're all built differently, with different pelvic structures and different styles of sitting astride a bicycle. Good luck.