Daylight hours creeping back.... :D

Comments

• b16 b3n
    b16 b3n Posts: 301
    by a milli second :D
    " GET BACK CROC "
  • GiantMike
    GiantMike Posts: 3,139
    Looking forward to the 'clock change weekend'. All of a sudden it seems like there's too much daylight and it's only 3 months until the longest day of the year!
  • bianchimoon
    bianchimoon Posts: 3,942
    10 mins a week (ish) lighter not to be sniffed at :)
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • Redhog14
    Redhog14 Posts: 1,377
    I was looking back through my photos and was please to see the date stamp on this one (April) , as in my mind it was taken during summer! Roll on...
    5675304974_8e9e1bc71c.jpg
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Sunrise is getting a minute earlier each day according to my Garmin.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • shedhead
    shedhead Posts: 367
    GiantMike wrote:
    Looking forward to the 'clock change weekend'. All of a sudden it seems like there's too much daylight and it's only 3 months until the longest day of the year!

Summer solstice is 21 june with sunrise at 5.14am i believe Giantmike :)
    'Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts'.
  • British Summer Time starts Sunday 25th March.

Well, that's when the clocks change anyway. It's anyone's guess when summer will actually begin.
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    If you lookee here you can see that around now days are currently lengthening by around 1m 50s per day and that rate of change is currently increasing by 5-6 seconds per day, which is brill whichever way you look at it.

I've had disagreements over this with people who've claimed that once we hit the Winter solstice daylight starts to increase by around 3mins per day. No way - it's a gradual change change in rate from December (and June) when the day lengths stop changing, all the way to the max rate of change in March & September when it increase to around 4mins per day difference and then turns round to reduce the rate of change back to zero.

Anyway. It's not so dark out of my window here at 4:15 as it was over Christmas, which is a good thing.
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,965
    CiB wrote:
    If you lookee here you can see that around now days are currently lengthening by around 1m 50s per day and that rate of change is currently increasing by 5-6 seconds per day, which is brill whichever way you look at it.

I've had disagreements over this with people who've claimed that once we hit the Winter solstice daylight starts to increase by around 3mins per day. No way - it's a gradual change change in rate from December (and June) when the day lengths stop changing, all the way to the max rate of change in March & September when it increase to around 4mins per day difference and then turns round to reduce the rate of change back to zero.

Anyway. It's not so dark out of my window here at 4:15 as it was over Christmas, which is a good thing.

what is interesting looking at that chart is that the day doesn't increase at both ends by the same amount, the day lengthens more by sunsets than sunrises. The opposite applies after June, when the days shorten by the mornings. Ok it's not much but it's a win/win situation all the same.

The older I get, the better I was.

• roryboy
    roryboy Posts: 44
    Redhog14 wrote:
    I was looking back through my photos and was please to see the date stamp on this one (April) , as in my mind it was taken during summer! Roll on...
    5675304974_8e9e1bc71c.jpg

is your paint job trying to outdo the forth bridge paint job ?
  • rake
    rake Posts: 3,204
    its mostly sine waves as can be seen clearly here. the rate of change is a sine wave also. the length of twilight has an effect .
    http://ptaff.ca/soleil/?lang=en_CA