The best £2500 (approx) Full Sus Bike

2»

Comments

• agg25 wrote:
    I had my eye on the Cube 130 SL as well for a while, good spec for the dough, nice and light with good amount of travel, pity I never got to test one anywhere, rare as rocking horse sh1t to actually go and test.

If you can get yourself up to whinlatter they have cube full sus's available to demo, just been out on one today and it was fantastic!
  • bragawd
    bragawd Posts: 160
  • ride_whenever
    ride_whenever Posts: 13,279
    The ghosts are awful, having ridden a few (used to be a dealer).

My suggestion would be a ibis mojo, one of the most amazingly balanced bikes I've ever ridden.
  • i found a place up north that is willing to give a discount for cash purchase instead of the finance option on the heckler R AM which brings it down to the same price as the Trek Remedy 8, plus they would be willing to swap out the rockshox for fox forx for no increase in cost.

The ONLY thing that slightly puts me off the heckler is that it is exactly the same frame as in 2010. But, when i rode this bike i had a massive smile on my face, which none of the other bikes (other than the trek) could replicate.
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Which RS for which Fox though?
  • Rockshox revelation for fox 32 150
  • poppit
    poppit Posts: 926
    Looks like it's got to be a Norco Sight
    Eddy Merckx EMX-3
    Dolan L'Etape
    Cougar Zero Uno
    Genesis Core 50
    Planet X TOR
  • bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
    stumpjumper evo vote from me
  • supersonic
    Rockshox revelation for fox 32 150

But which models lol. RL, RCT, etc. The damper is important.
  • bennett_346
    supersonic wrote:

Are the basic R versions of RS forks worth it? Or is it important to have a compression damper too, say on a Lyrik?
  • supersonic
    On a long travel fork I'd say was pretty essential as it will dive through the travel otherwise and bob like mad.
  • bennett_346
    Ok thanks for the advice
  • supersonic wrote:

Rock shox revelations RL DA,
    Fox 32 Float RL
  • dno64
    dno64 Posts: 18
    I had this dilemma. Was convinced on a Canyon but then found a great deal on a Cube Stereo Team so went with that. Really pleased with it, great spec and handles the rough stuff easily. My local is Cannock but have done Llandegla, Penmachno and Coed y Brenin since I got it in Feb so happy days......Cwmcarn & Afan next on the list.....good luck
  • supersonic
    supersonic wrote:

Rock shox revelations RL DA,
    Fox 32 Float RL

Stick with the Rev, is lighter, more adjustable, stiffer, smoother.
  • jairaj
    jairaj Posts: 3,009
    I've tried a few different Fox forks over the last few years from 140 Vanillas to 120 and 140 Floats and find the basic RL versions tend to dive through their travel especially when braking. The RLC versions with the compression adjustment solve this but costs more.

Where as on my RS Revs I tend to keep the compression adjust fully open and find it fine.
  • cheers guys, so the general consensus of opinion would be to stick with the RS Revs unless the foxs are the RLC version?
  • jairaj
    To be honest just stick with the Revs.

If you have a high personal liking for the way Fox forks feel then pay the extra otherwise I'd just stick to the Revs even if the Fox came in RLC version.

I've been running my Revs for almost 2 years now and am very happy with them. I've been demoing a few bikes recently as I'm looking to get something new and have tried some Fox Floats with the Kashima coating and thought they were good but not amazing. If Fox forks came with the bike I would be happy with them but I'm in not going to pay extra over a RS Rev for them.
  • jairaj
    Edit Just realised the Fox were a straight swap and no extra money.

Personally I would still stick with the Revs I think they might be lighter and are stiffer.
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Are the basic R versions of RS forks worth it? Or is it important to have a compression damper too, say on a Lyrik?

My bike came with a basic Lyrik R. It would blow through the travel too easily & was harsh over small bumps. I recently had a Mission Control DH damper fitted by TF Tuned which I would say is the best £235 I could possibly have spent on my bike. They are much better controlled now & the separate high & low speed compression adjustments have let me get it tuned spot on.
    It's not just Rockshox though. My Lyrik R wasn't great but the Fox Vanilla R or Float R are no better even though they are more expensive.
  • mb london
    mb london Posts: 96
    Not sure if the op found a bike but if your interested I have 2012 ex 9 which has only had 5 blasts through Epping forest which I am looking to move on. Would want to get back £2300 on it.

Welcome to view I have pictures too

Thanks

Mb
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Or for the same money you could get a brand new 2011 EX9 with warranty.
  • mb london
    mb london Posts: 96
    Or for the same money you could get a brand new 2011 EX9 with warranty.

Hymmm, remind me never to offer you a job as one o f my salesman :D
  • Right nearly at decision time... Heading off to afan in a few weeks and then off to Forrest of dean to try a trek remedy 7 just incase that sways my opinion back in favour of the trek...
  • Shaggy_Dog
    Shaggy_Dog Posts: 688
    Is your hardtail in good working order? If so it might be worth buying a frame and fork and transfering the parts
    I had to beat them to death with their own shoes...
    HiFi Pro Carbon '09

LTS DH '96

The Mighty Dyna-Sore - The 90's?
  • it is, but i will be using it to commute with so i dont really want to go down that route
  • finally i have the heckler, took 3 weeks to get it shipped but it is now in my grubby little mitts :-) and i am well happy! will report once had a full run-in...
  • just come back from hols in sunny (wet) scotland and i can truthfully say that i am well happy with my purchase! The one thing i would change is the brakes... i am not a fan of the avid elixir 5s if at all possible go for the shimano slx/xt's if you have the choice, the avids are not bad brakes, just no where near as good as the shimano's. Other than that i can quite safely say that i am truly happy with my choice and that it had no issues with any of the terrain that was thrown it's way!