N00bs - ITV4 Tour 'till 2015

rick_chasey
rick_chasey Posts: 72,612
edited January 2012 in Pro race
http://t.co/nUl6lOwg

As the title says.

Good news. They upped their investment into the Tour.

Hopefully all the Cav sky bullsh!t should help.

Comments

• Hopefully they will be a little more consistent as well with the scheduling of it. I watch Eurosport but I know ITV have previously been a touch irratic with the length and time they have the highlights on.

More cycling on tv can surely only be a good thing though.
  • sonny73
    sonny73 Posts: 2,203
    Good stuff, I watch it on ES too but love the hour long daily catch up progs. Just wish for those with no ES and for cycling coverage as a whole they would also show all of the other ASO races I believe they are entitled to.
    Revolution is on ITV4 tonight at 7pm.
  • cal_stewart
    cal_stewart Posts: 1,840
    If they boardcast the rest it would be great. PR would be a start
    eating parmos since 1981

Canyon Ultimate CF SLX Aero 09
    Cervelo P5 EPS
    www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40044&t=13038799
  • roypsb
    roypsb Posts: 309
    http://t.co/nUl6lOwg

As the title says.

Good news. They upped their investment into the Tour.

Hopefully all the Cav sky bullsh!t should help.

Excellent news.

What is the 'Cav sky bullsh!t'? Am I missing something.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,388
    4 more years of the Suitcase of courage/locker of pain etc etc....
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • rebs
    rebs Posts: 891
    I do like my live Eurosport but I have been warming to the add on programs. Plus over time I have developed a secret mancrush on mr rendell. :p

Just hope that itv go to put more races on for the season. Even with just highlight prongs which may help draw better audiences instead of hours of live tv which Harmon Kelly are great at.
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    ddraver wrote:

Liggett can't go on for that much longer, surely. He'll be into his 70s before the 4 years is up... Matt Keenan as his successor?
  • shinyhelmut
    shinyhelmut Posts: 1,364
    Didn't Duffers carry on until he was 122 or thereabouts?
  • I was reading the Ned Boulting book not long a go and he was saying that when Liggett and Sherwen are comentating on ITV4, they are also comentating to the USA as it is going out at the same time. Or something like that hence, when they talk it seems US biased, particulary in the Armstrong years.
  • shinyhelmut
    shinyhelmut Posts: 1,364
    edited January 2012
    I suspect they are being paid more more by Versus for the American market than by C4 for the UK market.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,388
    afx237vi wrote:
    ddraver wrote:

Liggett can't go on for that much longer, surely. He'll be into his 70s before the 4 years is up... Matt Keenan as his successor?

Frankie Andreu as a dark horse I reckon, I was watching him on youtube last year a bit and he seems pretty insightful. Not sure if he is good enough to commentate or just be the "knoweldgable assistant" though. I reckon Boulting or Rendell (or preferentially both) might get it!

I'm pleased as I can stick to my Eurosport live, ITV4 for highlights method, which I think gives the best of both worlds!
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver