Fisher Headset Help

st@rgixxer
st@rgixxer Posts: 5
edited January 2012 in MTB workshop & tech
Hey Guys,
First post on here so please go easy on me :)

I've got a bike I built from an '07 Gary fisher Marlin Frame, thats been sat a while as my knee has been out of action for nearly a year, just about good enough to start on the bike again, so I've been going over it and checking it out...

So far, the botton bracket is seized on one side, so I got new bearing for it and now fitted.

Now I'm looking at the headset, it had a tendancy to get some play after each decent ride before, so it was obviosuly worn, but I dont know if it's the correct kind...

My fork is an '06 Reba Team, with 30mm crown tube, going to 28.6mm at the top.
The internal measurements for the bearing on the upper & lower of the tube is roughly 43.5mm.
Pics enclosed...

Top bearing in frame
DSCN0201.jpg

Bottom bearing in frame
DSCN0200.jpg

Bearings (top race is the lower, and the balls keep falling out wen it out)
DSCN0202.jpg

Race on the Fork
DSCN0204.jpg

Can anyone help me out with which type of bearing should be used on this set up?

Thanks, Kev.

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    Internal/zero stack/semi integreated.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Ah! Are they all the same thing?

Any ideas on a reasonably priced one, I don't do mega miles or hammer the bike (after one go at the Glentress Black Run, never again, Red's from, now on!)
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    Well they are called different things by different makers.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown