Partridge Cycles, Exeter

napper
napper Posts: 31
edited September 2013 in Road beginners
.....seem to have some good deals at the moment on Giant bikes.
Don't really know much about Partridge, even though they are quite near me. Anybody got any advice good/bad on them before I commit to spending my hard earned cash?!
Any thoughts appreciated.

Comments

• ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,660
    Local LBS's don't like them - I think they have similar reputation to Halfords. If youre happy to give the bike a good check before you ride, I think they ll be fine. No worse than buying from Wiggle/CRC etc etc
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Well they often have some great discounts on bikes ( if you know what you want) otherwise steer clear they would sell a broken wheel chair to their grandmother!
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    What's the issue? A shop is willing to sell you something made in the far east for less than another shop is willing to sell it for. It probably won't go wrong so you're quids in and if it does you fix it yourself unless it's bad in which case you have the law on your side re any reimbursement. It's effectively a bet that it does go wrong and that you can't satisfactorily resolve that problem for less than the money you saved.
  • Partridge cycles... mmhhh, were they not in Norwich before? :lol:
    left the forum March 2023
  • Not bought a bike from them before as The Bike Shed is alot closer but when i've been in it's always busy.
    Staff seem helpful enough and not heard anything bad about them and as said previously they normally have some good deals.