The stupid o clock Saturday Thread

Raymondavalon
Raymondavalon Posts: 5,346
edited January 2012 in The Crudcatcher
Greetings Maggots,

Up way too early today as I am off to London by train. The reason for this mission of madness is solely to deliver my son's [belated] Christmas present to his stepsister who is in London today at the end of her month long European tour.
So a day of trains and tubes, but it should be entertaining in every sense, London usually is, plus I'm a "loon magnet", yea, the crazies always seem to approach me..

Wishing you all a great start to our first real weekend of 2012..

Comments

• angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Morning bumders

Last day before it's back down to uni, trying to cram as much in as possible.

Laters
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,884
    Up with a thick head and loud kids

Today is some study, house jobs and taking son no.1 mountain bikin - only looking forward to one of those!

Later is up for debate when current wife gets out of bed
  • Half of London is full of loons, so don't be too surprised when you get approached!

Morning all, been out fettling with the bike, got the new rear mech set up, going to get brakes put on later onto my new forks, and then just waiting game until I get my new front wheel. A few friends are coming over in about an hour and a half for lunch and an xbox day, so should be pretty good.
  • projectsome
    projectsome Posts: 4,478
    i'm doing fuck all today. well that's the plan anyway
    FARKBOOK TWATTER Happiness is my fucking mood!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,718
    Morning Knickersniffers,

The 'loons' in London are usually people from out of town who haven't worked out the unwritten rule that you never speak to someone you don't know, especially on public transport.

Anyhow, it's bacon and egg for brekky; we're off swimming after that then I'll be playing Dad's taxi this afternoon. Think I'll watch a bit of FA Cup highlights later on if it's on the box, always good to see a bit of giant-killing, unless it's my team getting humiliated by a bunch of amateurs.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Morning all!
    How on Earth I'm up at this time, I have no idea! Last night was messy, I got home around 4:30ish, and my achilles heel is murdering me! I keep forgetting about it until I walk anywhere.
    Much drink was had, and I ended up having a great time. I even have organised to meet up with a lass in Manchester tonight, and we're going back to hers, missing out the drinking bit completely :D I'll be a happy mule tomorrow!

Today's plan is to put the new rear windscreen wiper arm on the car, and then get some essentials for tonight (Limes, String etc)
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • sheepsteeth
    sheepsteeth Posts: 17,418
    hello cunts

have been up for ages, met wife RE fom the train, i always enjoy walking through gillingham with my dogs in tow as the presence of the black and ginger one always seems to upset the locals.

had a tasty veggie breakfast (a bit of an oxymoron i suppose) and am now planning to do fuck all.

hope stoke beat the gills today.
  • I'll beat your gills in a minute

Morning homos, how's it hanging?

Need to go out in a bit to buy some xbox games in preperation for being on my ass for the next 6-8 weeks starting Tues.

Other than that, I'll be doing precisely fuckall.

Laters
  • Morning.

Got up reasonably early for me. Got a quick blast on the bike in before lunch and bacon goodness. Turns out taking a muddy twisty section at speed with inappropriate tyres is fantastic fun, until you don't actually make the turn and continue sliding through some bushes.

This afternoon will be full of beer and xbox, finally got myself online. Addicted.
    MmmBop

Go big or go home.
  • Kaise
    Kaise Posts: 2,498
    Alright fools!

due to lack of connectivity with BR forums at work in 2012 i probably won't be on anywhere near as much as i was last year!

Today i have been food shopping, sorting the kitchen out, giving the fish tank a thorough clean and replanting it, sorting out my bike stuff and then this afternoon i have to go to some creative shop to sort out what paper we are using for our wedding invites!

laterz taterz
  • sheepsteeth
    sheepsteeth Posts: 17,418
    Kaise wrote:
    this afternoon i have to go to some creative shop to sort out what paper we are using for our wedding invites!

laterz taterz

2 things

a: you dont have to go, get that right before you get wed

2: it's not your wedding, you will get what she wants proven by the fact you have agreed to go

iii: getting married is gay.
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    Back from spending a few hours at Cannock Monkeying about Following Dogs. Apart from some unaviodable pools on Tackeroo, it was in fairly good condition, if slow running. The sneaky downhill on Monkey was well greasy and, bluntly, hilarious.

Now about to start on the domestic duties I've been putting off for the past week. Living the high life, me!
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • spongtastic
    spongtastic Posts: 2,651
    Afternoon bumders
    No wife or kids today so I took the dog for a 2 hour walk, went out on the 456 then spent half an hour fitting the new elixir 1's and an hour trying to bleed the feckers. Still didn't work so I gave up and took the dog out again to get some stuff from the shops. Tried again it they're still to the bars. About to cook tea which is likely to be either frittata or fennel risotto.
    Plus well and truly skint now. Roof repairs £150, cavity wall insulation £150, car repair £100 plus the fookin washing machine blew the motor this morning so another £200 for a new one. Fencing needs replacing which is gonna be a packet. No chance of getting the Revs this month or next.
    Visit Clacton during the School holidays - it's like a never ending freak show.

Who are you calling inbred?
  • Flight to Taiwan - left on Fri 6th Check in hotel - early am 9th!

Before I went, had a quick blast on the CLEAN bike came off on gravel area and in the process redisigned my arrs. Did the online check in and sure enough got the bog seat but managed to change it to 50H....

...which has got a metal box under the seat in front of it. The only way to sit on that seat is on the re-designed arrs scar which by now has typhoid. Went to see the Dr near the hotel and it turns out to be a dentist FFS - but anyway he bandaged me up gave me some antibiotics and some large pink things to stop the swelling. Turns out he trained at Glasgow University but he seemed quite reasonable. Cost me 500 NTD which is about £12 - and I might go in and get my teeth done this week too. I would like to have a long and meaningful wrestling match with his receptionist too - she knows this and I can see from her eyes (and the open flick knife in her hand) that we have not reached concurrence in this intention.

And I wondered what would have happened if I'd gone in to a dentist in Glasgow and shown my arrs to him.