Santa Cruz Superlight 2

Holyzeus
Holyzeus Posts: 354
edited January 2012 in Your mountain bikes
Bought this frame 2nd hand and used my Cube as a donor for some parts, buying other parts new or used.

photo2.jpg

After a wet Thetford

4thJan2012006.jpg
4thJan2012009.jpg

Forks: 2010 RS Sid's
Bars: Easton EA70 Monkeylite
Stem: Easton EA70 70mm
Headset: FSA Orbit MX
Grips: Bonty Race

Front Brake Formula K18 with Formula 180mm rotor
Rear Brake Formula K18 with Superstar 160mm rotor (bent the Formula one last week in an off
:( )
Shifters: Shimano Deore SLM530 (Much prefer SRAM so thats next on the list)

Front Mech: Shimano XT
Rear Mech: Shimano XT

Seat: Charge Spoon
Seat Post: SuperStar

Cranks: Shimano XT
Chainring(s): Shimano XT
Pedals: SuperStar Nanos
Bottom Bracket: Shimano XT/SLX

Front Wheel:
Rim: Mavic 719
Hub:Pro 2
Tire: Schwalbe Nobby Nic

Back Wheel:
Rim: Mavic 719
Hub: Pro 2
Tire: Schwalbe Racing Ralph
Nicolai CC

Comments

• BigStu2
    BigStu2 Posts: 794
    Always liked the superlights and yours looks great, hows your front wheel, I've no end of problems with brake pad rub using the Hope front hub.
    .........all
    ...at........work
    fun..................&
    ..no.............no
    .....is......play
  • Very nice.
    Has the frame been designed around 100mm geometry or did you just fancy a more XC orientated bike?
  • Holyzeus
    Big Stu2 wrote:
    Always liked the super lights and yours looks great, hows your front wheel, I've no end of problems with brake pad rub using the Hope front hub.
    If its the hub must be something definitely wrong, warped somewhere?
    Nicolai CC
  • Holyzeus
    Biker 15 wrote:
    Very nice.
    Has the frame been designed around 100mm geometry or did you just fancy a more XC orientated bike?

The Superlight will take either a 100 or 120mm fork but yeah i wanted a bike that was more hardtail feeling.
    Initially i was looking out for a Anthem frame but they were always just a little bit more than i wanted to spend, then this came up :)
    Nicolai CC
  • Holyzeus wrote:
    Biker 15 wrote:
    Very nice.

The Superlight will take either a 100 or 120mm fork but yeah i wanted a bike that was more hardtail feeling.
    Initially i was looking out for a Anthem frame but they were always just a little bit more than i wanted to spend, then this came up :)

Giant bikes are a bit more than you want to spend, so you buy a Santa Cruz? You've got this whole thing backwards :D

Lovely looking bike mate
  • Holyzeus
    Holyzeus wrote:
    Biker 15 wrote:
    Very nice.

Giant bikes are a bit more than you want to spend, so you buy a Santa Cruz? You've got this whole thing backwards :D

Lovely looking bike mate
    Cheers, the frame was quite a bit cheaper than the Anthem frames that
    were coming up. Not sure of build cost but its not much tbh
    Nicolai CC