Whinlatter challenge 2012

BigLee1
BigLee1 Posts: 449
edited March 2012 in XC and Enduro
I`ve just entered for the half enduro, better start training!! :D First MTB event altho I had a go at a cyclocross race in Dec and didn`t come last :)

Lee (Lang Fella Riding :D )

Comments

• ste0649
    ste0649 Posts: 84
    I'm also going to enter this event, looks tough but will be a good ride out. Training to get up to a good fitness level and going to tackle the full enduro :shock:
    Scott Speedster S40
    Scott Spark 29 Elite
  • snotty badger
    snotty badger Posts: 1,593
    Signed up for the full enduro a couple of weeks ago, its gonna be a challenge thats for sure!
    08 Pitch Pro
    14 Kona Unit
    Kona Kula SS
    Trailstar SS
    94 Univega Alpina 5.3
  • Entries close at midnight today.

You can pay on the day this Sunday but it will be a fiver more.

See you there?
  • How did you others do today?

I Single Speeded the full Enduro in 2:56:14
  • snotty badger
    Fair play! I dragged a 6" full susser round 3hr 17min.

Happy enough though, it's my first enduro. Just started to SS in the last few weeks but don't know if I'll ever get want to do that on it!
    08 Pitch Pro
    14 Kona Unit
    Kona Kula SS
    Trailstar SS
    94 Univega Alpina 5.3
  • BigLee1
    BigLee1 Posts: 449
    I did the half enduro in 2.20 and came 45th out of 98 :D I was pleased with that and tbh could`ve easily continued on the full course. I found it really slippy in some places and with it being my local trail centre it was good going the opposite way along some of the trails :D

A cracking day was seemed to have been had by all 8)
  • I did the half-enduro and was 7th overall, 1hr 39mins. It was a warm one! Great riding Whinlatter in the dry again.
  • oodboo
    oodboo Posts: 2,171
    I done it last year, never again. It put me off entering events all together.
    I love horses, best of all the animals. I love horses, they're my friends.

Strava
  • Fair play! I dragged a 6" full susser round 3hr 17min.

Happy enough though, it's my first enduro. Just started to SS in the last few weeks but don't know if I'll ever get want to do that on it!

Fair play to you on a 6" full susser as well.

Looking at the results and knowing a few riders behind me http://www.whinlatterchallenge.co.uk/results.asp
    I guess I passed you 3/4 of the way around the first lap. Remember that bike with the fat front tyre and SS? that was me :oops:
  • snotty badger
    Fair play! I dragged a 6" full susser round 3hr 17min.

Fair play to you on a 6" full susser as well.

Looking at the results and knowing a few riders behind me http://www.whinlatterchallenge.co.uk/results.asp
    I guess I passed you 3/4 of the way around the first lap. Remember that bike with the fat front tyre and SS? that was me :oops:

That was you on the Jones! You passed me on the long South climb before the downhill! You were like a mountain goat!

This was my first enduro I think I've learned a lot from it.
    08 Pitch Pro
    14 Kona Unit
    Kona Kula SS
    Trailstar SS
    94 Univega Alpina 5.3
  • snotty badger
    I did the half-enduro and was 7th overall, 1hr 39mins. It was a warm one! Great riding Whinlatter in the dry again.

Hi Matt! Well done, full one next year though- none of these half measures!
    08 Pitch Pro
    14 Kona Unit
    Kona Kula SS
    Trailstar SS
    94 Univega Alpina 5.3
  • That was you on the Jones! You passed me on the long South climb before the downhill! You were like a mountain goat!

Yes that was me, I've been called many things but never a mountain goat :oops:
  • RallyBiker
    RallyBiker Posts: 378
    I did the half as well. Started fading out on the last climb in the heat, so had to get off and get an apple down me. About 20 riders passed me whilst I was eating.sad0020.gif
    Finished in 2.20.17