Truvativ AKA Seatpost Anodising defect

JonnySegment
JonnySegment Posts: 4
edited January 2012 in MTB general
This is my first post on the forum, I've tried to search google for an answer to my question but with no success.

So before Christmas I ordered an Truvativ AKA Seatpost, 30.9 with a 25mm offset, 400 length from Chain Reaction. When the post arrived I liked the design and the colour of the post, unfortunately my version had many horizontal bands in the anodised finish, these bands where a shade lighter than the rest of the post. Although I thought the bands would not be that noticeable once installed I though I'd prefer to have a good one so I sent it back, Chain Reaction where a bit slow in the return but it was christmas and I wasn't in a hurry for the post, the replacement turned up today and it has the same problem as the first but even worse!

So has anyone else had the same issue with this seat post? or has anyone got a good copy? should i persevere and try a third?

If not can anyone sugest a good alternative post with a good layback?

Thanks

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    Sounds like hey will all belie that due to the machining on the post. This will effect be finish.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • This was the first post, I'll photograph the new one tomorrow

It's pretty subtle and hard to see in the photos, but it's notable when it catches the light, and it doesn't look right at all
  • Nice Canyon by the way Northern Monkey, this will be going on my 2012 Canyon Nerve XC 7
  • This was the first post, I'll photograph the new one tomorrow

It's pretty subtle and hard to see in the photos, but it's notable when it catches the light, and it doesn't look right at all

I think you're over reacting to what is a minor issue. Once that seatpost has been adjusted a few times, covered in mud, washed, exposed to sunlight, those marks will be minor in comparison.

As we say here: MTFU it's a mountain bike, not a show car..
  • You sure their not height markers?
  • bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
    These get so scuffed beyond belief that after a few weeks you'll be wondering why you hasseled yourself