Tape & tyres question

Dave1441
Dave1441 Posts: 96
edited January 2012 in The bottom bracket
I have a White and black bike, the tape is White and I am going to change it to red tape so do you think to match I should have red tyres as well?
Thanks.

Comments

• Hmm...yes i see the conundrum. If it was me, if i went with the tyres i would then feel the need to get a red saddle! I'm just a tart tho. I reckon go for it...i think coloured tyres are good & more of us should invest. You could also get a pair of red Look Keo's too! You would certainly turn some heads...
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015

Yes, but that is completely wrong and misguided - that lot haven't a clue :wink:

As to the OP's request. Almost everybody has a red, white and black bike (including me sadly!) - probably those who actually choose such a coloured bike for reasons of the colour scheme are also equally unimaginitive in their car choices and own a silver Audi A3 or A4. Unarguably attractive but very, very boring.

So, rejoice that your bike is white and black and not red, white and black. Change the bar tape to black and it will be fine. Start piling red on and you'll just turn it into another rolling cliche :lol:

PS there should be laws against coloured tyres!
    Faster than a tent.......
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Rolf F wrote:
    PS there should be laws against coloured tyres!

3338273386_3c6f4a5f04_z.jpg

Disagreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Red & black - bit naff.

White in kit is always strong.
  • Redhog14
    Redhog14 Posts: 1,377
    5675276346_75ffb74eb9.jpg

Red and black and white - works for me!

Argonwards and upwards..
  • JamesB
    JamesB Posts: 1,184
    Yes of course you should;

I had red tape and red / black tyres on my Van Nic Yukon; when I changed bars type I retaped with blue tape (on offer on ebay ) and swopped to blue / black Mich Lithions :) --but primarily because they were cheap, and actually excellent tyres !!
  • desweller
    desweller Posts: 5,175

If anyone links to the sodding Velominati website one more time I'm gonna tw4t 'em round the head with a rolled up copy of the Sunday Times. Yes, all sections.
    - - - - - - - - - -
    On Strava.{/url}
  • Redhog14
    Redhog14 Posts: 1,377
    DesWeller wrote:

If anyone links to the sodding Velominati website one more time I'm gonna tw4t 'em round the head with a rolled up copy of the Sunday Times. Yes, all sections.

I suggest you go and have a cup of tea, it's nearly the weekend.
  • ilm_zero7
    ilm_zero7 Posts: 2,213
    white bar tape it is then!
    http://veloviewer.com/SigImage.php?a=3370a&r=3&c=5&u=M&g=p&f=abcdefghij&z=a.png
    Wiliers: Cento Uno/Superleggera R and Zero 7. Bianchi Infinito CV and Oltre XR2