The Hornit thing on the home page

SimonAH
SimonAH Posts: 3,730
edited January 2012 in Commuting chat
And there are people who rant about AirZounds! At least with an AirZound you have (presumably) only a few toots available so store them up.....watch the video of the 'harris demonstrating the Hornit :shock:

Wouldn't the world be lovely with a load of twunts like that riding around :roll:
FCN 5 belt driven fixie for city bits
CAADX 105 beastie for bumpy bits
Litespeed L3 for Strava bits

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

Comments

• EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    That would be awful. One of the best things about the Airzound is that it is air powered, so you have a very limited amount of blasts. The guy in the video was beeping at everything!
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,773
    It really needs the death ray to go with the sound effect. Vapourise the bloke that cuts you up, don't just go meep.
  • desweller
    desweller Posts: 5,175
    EKE_38BPM wrote:
    That would be awful. One of the best things about the Airzound is that it is air powered, so you have a very limited amount of blasts. The guy in the video was beeping at everything!

It's a good thing he did though, cos otherwise it wouldn't have been much cop as a video showing how the horn works would it.
    - - - - - - - - - -
    On Strava.{/url}
  • merkin
    merkin Posts: 452
    The problem is that some people who buy one would use any excuse to use it as they cycle around putting the world to rights. I was concerned about the kids hearing on the video. That wretched thing was mounted at child's ear height.
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Genius - a horn that sounds like a car alarm going off :lol:

Having been taken out by a brain dead pedestrian, I can see the attraction. However, to have avoided my incident you'd have to be using the wretched thing relentlessly like the gimp in the video and if we all started doing that, we'd rightly get lynched. If there's time to use the horn, there's time to brake and I think I'd always go for the latter. And if I did get a horn, I'd get a manly, proper horn. Not one that sounds like an electronic fart........
    Faster than a tent.......
  • rolf_f
    merkin wrote:
    I was concerned about the kids hearing on the video. That wretched thing was mounted at child's ear height.

I'll translate that for you
    merkin wrote:
    Think of the kiddies!!!!
  • Agent57
    Agent57 Posts: 2,300
    SimonAH wrote:
    watch the video of the 'harris demonstrating the Hornit :shock:

I tried, but just got some shitty ad.
    MTB commuter / 531c commuter / CR1 Team 2009 / RockHopper Pro Disc / 10 mile PB: 25:52 (Jun 2014)
  • EKE_38BPM
    Rolf F wrote:
    ...And if I did get a horn, I'd get a manly, proper horn. Not one that sounds like an electronic fart........

Yeah, a manly horn.

A horn, like trucks use.

An air horn but scaled down from truck size (where would you put the compressor?) to bike size.

Oh yeah, an Airzound.

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,773
    So what did happen to Mr Rundle?
  • I had a chap in my mother's LBS (she'd bought me a few bits that just weren't going to work and I was trying to exchange) try to convince me that I wanted an Airzound. He even went off and got his bike (with one) to demo it to convince me. I'd never heard one before and I never want to again.
  • EKE_38BPM
    Ah, Mr Rundle. I had a mooch at his profile and his last visit was back in August. I guess he realised that he wasn't the most liked person on the forum and went elsewhere to bore other people as to how great he thinks MD80 clones are.

• rolf_f
    EKE_38BPM wrote:
    Ah, Mr Rundle. I had a mooch at his profile and his last visit was back in August. I guess he realised that he wasn't the most liked person on the forum and went elsewhere to bore other people as to how great he thinks MD80 clones are.

Ahhh, favourite departed members. I miss Berk Bonebonce who sounded like he knew a lot but mostly seemed to get it spectacularly wrong. He was hugely entertaining at times but he hasn't been on since September. I particularly enjoyed his certainty that you couldn't run a 29 tooth cassette with a Campag short cage derailleur despite myself and others repeatedly telling him that it did work including big-big on our bikes.
  • desweller
    desweller Posts: 5,175
    Rolf F wrote:
    EKE_38BPM wrote:

Ahhh, favourite departed members. I miss Berk Bonebonce who sounded like he knew a lot but mostly seemed to get it spectacularly wrong. He was hugely entertaining at times but he hasn't been on since September. I particularly enjoyed his certainty that you couldn't run a 29 tooth cassette with a Campag short cage derailleur despite myself and others repeatedly telling him that it did work including big-big on our bikes.

That was good, but not as good as the time he rubbished Pokerface's new TT bike, saying that, 'You'd have to be National Champion level to ride a bike like that'!
    - - - - - - - - - -
    On Strava.{/url}
  • mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
    could you not have an air pump running like a dynamo off your front/ rear wheel. that would easily recharge an air horn - you could "toot" til your hearts are content then
    Keeping it classy since '83
  • DrLex
    DrLex Posts: 2,142
    DesWeller wrote:
    [...]

That was good, but not as good as the time he rubbished Pokerface's new TT bike, saying that, 'You'd have to be National Champion level to ride a bike like that'!
    That was indeed a classic; loved PF's first reply to him - "pwned", I believe the expression to be.
  • willy b
    willy b Posts: 4,125
    DrLex wrote:
    DesWeller wrote:
    [...]

That was indeed a classic; loved PF's first reply to him - "pwned", I believe the expression to be.

:lol::lol::lol:
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    Was that Berk's last post?

I wonder if he ever made that £100 donation to Prince of Wales Hospice?

Some more Berk pwnage: http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40044&t=12769182&start=20
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • rolf_f
    Ben6899 wrote:
    Was that Berk's last post?

I wonder if he ever made that £100 donation to Prince of Wales Hospice?

Some more Berk pwnage: http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40044&t=12769182&start=20

His last post is something whiney about the adverts and that he's off to find another forum without them.

I'm still not sure if it wasn't all deliberate. I half thought it was just an alias of another forum member. I mean, you don't call yourself Berk Bonebonce unless you either provide unarguably sound advice and are therefore being clearly ironic (which he didn't do) or are too stupid to realise you actually are thick (and he was never that). Therefore it was all surely a joke. I was half expecting him to unmask himself one day........