Carrera website?

mattrgee
mattrgee Posts: 157
edited January 2012 in MTB general
Hi all,

While I can find detailed information about most bikes in the £500 to £600 range, the Carrera Fury is eluding me. All I'm after is the frames geometry.

Any ideas where I might find it?

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    Halfords.co.uk
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • mattrgee
    Can't see the frame's geometry listed anywhere :( Is it me?
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Nope they don't seem to detail geometry.
    What are you trying to work out?
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • mattrgee
    Hi Cooldad,

I wanted to compare it to my existing bike in terms of top tube length and head angle and also compare it to the Boardman Comp. I'm looking to replace my Rockrider 8.1 due to it being too short in the top tube (595mm).
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Probably the only thing to do is go and sit on them and see how they feel.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • mattrgee
    I guess so.

When I bought the Rockrider it 'felt right' but a couple of months down the line I realised it wasn't. At least knowing the geometry of the Fury I can make a comparison. I've emailed Halfords in a hope they can send me the info, I'll post it here if they do.
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    do not compare different makers numbers as there is no standard way of measuring.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • mattrgee
    Ah good point!

I might go and physical measure them and compare them to my existing frame. Any ideas what the head angle is of the Fury? Is it as slack as the Boardman?
  • handful
    handful Posts: 920
    Don't know if the frames have changed in the last couple of years but the Bike Radar reviews give geometry details.

http://www.bikeradar.com/COMMUTING/gear/category/bikes/mountain/product/review-carrera-fury-10-35495/

Click 'Show full specification' link under the price. :wink:
    Vaaru Titanium Sram Red eTap
    Moda Chord with drop bars and Rival shifters - winter/do it all bike
    Orbea Rise