Fox Shocks on Canyon bikes

hard-rider
hard-rider Posts: 460
edited January 2012 in MTB general
I'm looking at purchasing a full suspension bike at the ~€2K mark and am considering the Canyon Nerve XC 8 as an option. I notice the spec quotes the forks as being Fox 32 Float performance FIT and the rear shock as being Fox Float performance RP2. I've looked on the Fox site but they don't list these models. In fact they don't really list much under the Performance series. Are these special OEM versions? If so are likely to be equivalent to the lower end of the retail range, i.e. Evolution series, with a bit of extra?

Does anyone know the equivalent in the Rockshox range? I'm finding it difficult to make comparisons.

Can someone confirm if the Fox 32 Float performance FIT forks have the low speed damping adjustment like the FIT RLC fork?
Does the Fox Float performance RP2 rear shock have two or three settings, i.e. open, locked, propedal or just open and propedal?

Comments

• lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    the fork will probably just have a lockout and rebound adjustment, but does have the fit damper as opposed to the low-end open bath forks, rockshox make the revelation RLT, but imo the damping of this fork isn't as good, for the best rockshox damper, the versions with the blackbox damper are very good.

as for the RP2, it does what it says on the tin, rebound and 2 propedal settings, open and fully on. hope this helps :)
  • Yes, it was helpful. Thanks. So in your opinion is the Fox performance FIT fork a good or average fork?
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    yep its a very good fork, especially when you consider that the frame and fork on the canyon a worth the same as the whole bike costs, its very good value for money, if funds would allow, i'd have a canyon AM as my winter bike superb value imo, and very good bikes
  • Thanks. I'm itching to pull the trigger on ordering the Canyon but just want to check out what the LBS has. They're having a 30% sale on 2011 bikes so will just go see and compare. They sell Trek, Scott and Lapierre.
  • I think the performance is everything but the kashima coat.