Tour of Florida

SeadooXP
SeadooXP Posts: 28
edited January 2012 in Tour & expedition
Just thought I would share and ask for a little feedback on my next Journey. I am starting my bike trip in West Palm beach florida, within the next month, I will fly down there from NY to meet up with some old friends and tour that area for a few days but mostly just relaxed riding surfing, sun. Once I get a lay of the land (no hills, yay!) I will be heading due north. I've been training for a few months day in day out and feel like Im ready for this one.

A1A is the route I want to focus on. I'd like to head north up into the Jacksonville area, and I have some family there so I'll probably spend a few weeks enjoying the sun and beach. At that point, I may ride west from there or continue north, it really depends on the weather. I've been able to get some time off from work, and have funds to make the trip work. I have a road bike and am used to 2-3 day rides. This will be the longest ride so far for me.
The bike has a rear rack with enough storage for a small sleeping bag, clothes and gear. I am planning to camp out most of the time, and with the real hard days, just crash at a hotel. What else do you guys recommend. I was thinking of buying a pass to all the state parks, I've done that before in other states and it makes camping a little more cost-effective. As far as food is concerned, I'm going to bring a small stove, and have enough storage to carry a couple days of food. Any suggestions, advice here are appreciated. I've got all the time in the world and just want to plan right so everything goes off with out a hitch.

Comments

• Anyone ridden the eastern side of florida? Curious if A1A is an ok bike route. If anyone has experience camping in that area, I'm all ears.