2»

Comments

• rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    EKE_38BPM wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    But chicks dig scars...
    Almost certainly not true

I remember hearing that chicks dig facial scars on a bloke (not a huge disfiguring one though) and want to get jiggy with them, but not get into a long term relationship with them.
    i.e. if you have a facial scar you'll be the one night stand king, but you'll not be getting married. That could explain why my bed is about to collapse (all of those notches) and why I'm not married.

I have a small scar on my upper lip.

Really? I didn't notice.

Maybe I was too far away. Y'know, being short and all.
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    EKE_38BPM wrote:
    itboffin wrote:
    I think boots or superdrugs have gel patches for road rash type injuries - ask at the counter.
    The patches are called Hydrocolloid dressings. I've used the Savlon ones and they are very good. They were recommended to me by a paramedic friend.

Plus one on this. I've used these a couple of times. After two weeks there was no trace of the damage aside from a slight redness which itself disappeared after a couple more weeks leaving no scar whatsoever. At the same time, the small scuffs on my knee I'd not bothered with treating were still scabs. So ignore the nonsense about leaving them uncovered - hydrocolloid dressings are great!
    Faster than a tent.......
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    EKE_38BPM wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    But chicks dig scars...
    Almost certainly not true

I remember hearing that chicks dig facial scars on a bloke (not a huge disfiguring one though) and want to get jiggy with them, but not get into a long term relationship with them.
    i.e. if you have a facial scar you'll be the one night stand king, but you'll not be getting married. That could explain why my bed is about to collapse (all of those notches) and why I'm not married.

I have a small scar on my upper lip.

Really? I didn't notice.

Maybe I was too far away. Y'know, being short and all.

Yeah. Its hardly noticable now, but when the accident happened (30 years ago) the scar is probably the same size but my head is much bigger now so it is proportionally smaller.

I wonder if my sister still has the stiches from my accident saved? Yes, she is weird.
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • EKE_38BPM wrote:
    the scar is probably the same size but my head is much bigger now so it is proportionally smaller.

:D:D:D That made me laugh!!!! Not sure if it was supposed to though :shock: :D
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    EKE_38BPM wrote:
    the scar is probably the same size but my head is much bigger now so it is proportionally smaller.

:D:D:D That made me laugh!!!! Not sure if it was supposed to though :shock: :D

I'm glad my horrible disfigurement brought a smile to your face!

I'm joking, its hardly noticable now and Rick will testify to. I'm glad I never had any kind of hang-ups about having a facial scar. The only downside of it was when there was a bulge on my lip as well and I'd occassionally bite it when biting an apple or similar. That really hurt.
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • Shoulder injuries take ages to heal :(

Been a couple of weeks now since I fell off, cuts & bruises almost cleared up and been cycling since middle of last week and back playing footy again but shoulder (right one in particular) is still pretty painful, even just putting on jacket on a morning or picking up my screaming 18 month old!
    First love - Genesis Equilibrium 20
    Dirty - Forme Calver CX Sport
    Quickie - Scott CR1 SL HMX
    Notable ex's - Kinesis Crosslight, Specialized Tricross
  • Initialised
    Initialised Posts: 3,047
    Veronese68 wrote:
    I guess you HAD to take that picture topless ;)

OF course he did. Great photo... not enough of this kind of thing here if you ask me. Can someone start the ball rolling with a 'me topless' thread...? Rick, do the honours mate...
    I've seen "girls in lycra shorts" and "girls in knitwear" over on Cake Stop. I may even have enjoyed them. It would be really funny to start a topless injury thread for this sort of thing over there. I can just imagine the indignation.
    Somewhere I've got a picture of me black and blue from the waist to nipple high across my whole left side from when I broke my ribs a couple of years back.
    That's enough to upset anybody.

Come on then... Let's see it!
    I have some road rash on my arse, want to see that too?
    I used to just ride my bike to work but now I find myself going out looking for bigger and bigger hills.
  • Headhuunter
    Headhuunter Posts: 6,494
    Veronese68 wrote:
    I guess you HAD to take that picture topless ;)

OF course he did. Great photo... not enough of this kind of thing here if you ask me. Can someone start the ball rolling with a 'me topless' thread...? Rick, do the honours mate...
    I've seen "girls in lycra shorts" and "girls in knitwear" over on Cake Stop. I may even have enjoyed them. It would be really funny to start a topless injury thread for this sort of thing over there. I can just imagine the indignation.
    Somewhere I've got a picture of me black and blue from the waist to nipple high across my whole left side from when I broke my ribs a couple of years back.
    That's enough to upset anybody.

Come on then... Let's see it!
    I have some road rash on my ars*, want to see that too?

Yep
    Do not write below this line. Office use only.
  • velohutts
    velohutts Posts: 288
    6 days later , the scab is drying out from mine on a roundabout coincidentally when a highways gritting lorry was waiting to come on , best guess for mine was diesel spillage.
    off to try it out tomorrow , the sat indoors doing some pretend pedalling suggests it should be ok , proof will be in the pudding !!
    enjoy the next ride when your out, first big off for me was about 2 on a trike descending a kerb on a trike which led to a visit o hospital and a plaster , I put that down to being at the milk race as it was when I was 2 weeks old !

Get well soon , rubber side down !!
    Enigma Esprit Di2 - Go tI ! Summer !
  • davis
    davis Posts: 2,506
    EKE_38BPM wrote:

pfft. Doesn't seem to be helping me.

Mind you, I'm a bit of an ugly sod, interminably dull, and a bit of git.

Still, I've got facial scars, so there's hope, eh?
    Sometimes parts break. Sometimes you crash. Sometimes it’s your fault.
  • SimonAH
    SimonAH Posts: 3,730
    My body is held together with scar tissue. But I'm also in my.early forties and married, what a waste of pain.
    FCN 5 belt driven fixie for city bits
    CAADX 105 beastie for bumpy bits
    Litespeed L3 for Strava bits

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.