Reliability Ride/Trial vs Audax

Bobbinogs
Bobbinogs Posts: 4,841
Chaps,

I know this has come up before but I cannot find a simple answer...exactly what is the difference between an audax and a reliability ride/trial?

I am looking at a few reliability rides coming up over the next few months and, as far as I can tell, one gets a route card, a brevet card, a time allowance (with no broom wagon or signposts, etc.) and start/end up in a cafe or clubhouse...all of which sounds exactly like an audax except that the event is not run under AUK.

I have done quite a few audaxes (and really enjoyed the majority) and adding in odd reliability ride will help me fill a few gaps in the calendar.

Many thanks.

Comments

• jgsi
    jgsi Posts: 5,062
    Not an audaxer but a pre season reliability trial is an 'informal' club ride open to all for a couple of quid, maybe 1 or 2 groups, you choose which bunch to hang in with.. usually a simple route for 45/50 or a bit more miles later on.
    A route card instructions given usually on a photocopied paper that disintegrates in back pocket after a mile... so the rule is dont get dropped if you dont know the roads . Really good training ... I have about 6 or 7 to do before mid March... oh yes including the BR spring fling as well :wink:

ps no cafe stops!