Misguided fools

jgsi
jgsi Posts: 5,062
edited January 2012 in The bottom bracket
Anyone else getting the knocks on the door with the black bag carrying 'God' mafia?
Is it the time of year of what...?
I've done quite nicely without organised religion for decades... but a thought struck me that if they knocked at the door at someone in , lets say real financial strife... these buggers are going to be a useless leeching distraction from getting a real solution... God aint going to pay off the credit card or the debt collector thats for certain.. like death and taxes.

Comments

• GiantMike
    GiantMike Posts: 3,139
    edited January 2012
    This is the time of year when people are at their lowest. Xmas is over, the decorations are falling down. Weather's crap and you have to go back to work, or you don't have a job to go back to. You've overspent at Xmas and probably spent a lot of it arguing with the other half.

All of a sudden 'Happy Nigel' knocks at the door and offers to solve all your problems (with a little help from the Big Man).

Seems like the perfect time to do a little recruiting.
  • LeicesterLad
    LeicesterLad Posts: 3,908
    I had them knock, i pretended to be crazy, and only spoke through the letterbox.
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,965
    I tell told the last lot that I was a Jedi.

The lady was incredulous. She said "You mean like that thing on the television?" (no, I don't know what she meant either, perhaps she doesn't understand 'films') and then went onto say "do you really think that will do any good?".

I explained it was about good over evil and as belief systems go it was as valid as following a chap nailed to bits of wood.

She didn't want to talk any more, so I said goodbye and shut the door.

The older I get, the better I was.

• Nut-job cults are on the way out, its not difficult nowadays to find out the down side of joining people like the Joobers with a quick google search.

Unfortunately, the more desperate they get for new idiots to ensnare, the more often you'll be seeing 'em.
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    I put on a fake Polish accent and pretend to be a Catholic fundamentalist. That usually scares them off.
  • I tell them I Belong to the cult of skaro. Just like all the other daleks.
  • Aggieboy
    Aggieboy Posts: 3,996
    I tell 'em in no uncertain terms that I'm sorted for a religion and to go away...................................

3231-Jew-Jitsu.jpg
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • kev77
    kev77 Posts: 433
    I just open my door and let my dobermann convenientley run past me, usually does the trick oooppsss!
  • navrig
    navrig Posts: 1,352
    JGSI wrote:
    Anyone else getting the knocks on the door with the black bag carrying 'God' mafia?
    Is it the time of year of what...?
    I've done quite nicely without organised religion for decades... but a thought struck me that if they knocked at the door at someone in , lets say real financial strife... these buggers are going to be a useless leeching distraction from getting a real solution... God aint going to pay off the credit card or the debt collector thats for certain.. like death and taxes.

If they come from the right place you couldn't be more wrong. This lot do a huge amount of good and have helped loads of people who are below the bread line and have financial problems.

http://www.capuk.org/home/index.php
  • Stone Glider
    Stone Glider Posts: 1,227
    Tell them you are a Catholic. For some reason they always go away at once.
    The older I get the faster I was
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Invite them in, start undressing and ask them if they're up for a threesome.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    I'm strictly pastafarian.....

http://www.venganza.org/

All hail his noodly greatness!!!
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • pst88
    pst88 Posts: 621
    Had them knock on my door the other day and I answered in just my pants. They said "I can tell now's not a good time" and did a runner!
    Bianchi Via Nirone Veloce/Centaur 2010