Your Strava Battery Life

CRAIGO5000
CRAIGO5000 Posts: 697
edited January 2012 in Commuting chat
What's the most you guys have gotten from a single full charge while using Strava?

I'm using it on my HTC Desire but I recently manually upgraded to Gingerbread OS. When in use I also use the powersave widget to turn off syncing and WIFI but make sure GPS is selected and once all is running, turn the phone to standby. (so the screen display is off)

With this in mind, I went for a 30 minute test the other day and it used hardly any battery at all? Intrigued, I did a test yesterday with it running next to a window in my house and it ran fully connected to GPS for 8 hours and still had 20% battery life left!? I've never had this much life from any of the other "tracker" apps so why is Strava so different?

What kind of life are you guys getting and on what device?
Ribble Stealth/SRAM Force
2007 Specialized Allez (Double) FCN - 3

Comments

• depends on where, iphone any where from 5 to 2 hrs I suspect that when I go to wales where I'm MTBing on open moors that it gets a good clear fix, while in the Surrey Lanes or woods, it has to work a lot more to get a fix.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,773
    It really hammers the battery on my iphone. I did a ride on my mountain bike along the Thames and the Wey, so half under cover of trees and it used 50% of the battery after 1.5 hours riding with a pause for a sausage sarnie en route.
  • mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
    i dont use strava but i do use a gps tracker (Holux) battery life on that is about 12 hours
    Keeping it classy since '83
  • keyser__soze
    keyser__soze Posts: 2,067
    Hammers the missus' iphone, but I did a 5 1/2 hour ride on Monday and the battery meter on my Xperia Play was only down at 67% after that.
    "Mummy Mummy, when will I grow up?"
    "Don't be silly son, you're a bloke, you'll never grow up"
  • NGale
    NGale Posts: 1,866
    I find strava has a better battery like on my andriod phone (SE Xperia X8) than on my iPhone 3GS. The battery on my iPhone lasts no more than a couple hours with Strava running, but on the andriod using Juice Defender App, I have 80% battery power left after 2 hours!
    Officers don't run, it's undignified and panics the men