Specialized FSR linkage snapped!

zacharykinesis
zacharykinesis Posts: 2
edited May 2012 in MTB workshop & tech
Hi, i need some help, ive got a 2007 specialized stumpy fsr, i love this bike, but during a harsh landing the rear fsr hollowtech linkage gave up the ghost and snapped where the bottom of the shock sits, so he bottom of the shock is hanging free, ive had a quick look on ebay and on google for a new linkage but cant find one! can anyone point me in the right direction?
Would appreciate your help
Thanks

Comments

• delcol
    delcol Posts: 2,848
    are you the original owner? speek to specialized they may warrenty replace it or at least sort it out for a fee..

if you not the orig owner how friendly are you with the lbs,? a mate of mine had a second hand sx trail and killed it and himself in whistler bike park. he got the bike off ebay,, but the lbs sent it off to spesh saying they sold the bike blah blah blah and spesh warrenty replaced the frame for a newer sx trail.. he was made up..
    spesh are pretty decent with their warenty and their customers.
  • benpinnick
    benpinnick Posts: 4,148
    Try Betd. They make some replacement linkages.
    A Flock of Birds
    + some other bikes.
  • bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
    delcol wrote:
    are you the original owner? speek to specialized they may warrenty replace it or at least sort it out for a fee..

if you not the orig owner how friendly are you with the lbs,?
    and do it fast because the warranty is 5 years
  • CharlieH
    CharlieH Posts: 410
    delcol wrote:

if you not the orig owner how friendly are you with the lbs,?
    and do it fast because the warranty is 5 years

I thought their warranty was lifetime for frames as long as you are the original owner? At least that's what I thought I read in my owners manual of my 08 stumpy fsr? (now off to the garage to dig the manual out)
  • CharlieH
    http://www.cyclesuk.com/pub/files/Other ... 0Guide.pdf

Lifetime on frame, 5 year on seat and chain stays, for original owner
  • bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
    CharlieH wrote:
    http://www.cyclesuk.com/pub/files/Other/1301069853_Specialized - Warranty Guide.pdf

Lifetime on frame, 5 year on seat and chain stays, for original owner
    The warranty manual i got with my 2011 stumpjumper says frame 5 years. No mention of stays versus main frame.
  • CharlieH
    Maybe they've changed things since I bought my 2008 but mine states lifetime warranty. I friend of mine cracked his 2006 frame a couple of years ago and they replaced it with a new 2009 frame!
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    CharlieH wrote:
    Maybe they've changed things since I bought my 2008 but mine states lifetime warranty. I friend of mine cracked his 2006 frame a couple of years ago and they replaced it with a new 2009 frame!
    Which would be three years.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • CharlieH
    D'oh! Fair point but my manual still states lifetime as per the link I posted
  • jttaylor
    jttaylor Posts: 4
    Hi,

I am also looking for a linkage for my Specialized FSR XC 2007/08...
    I called BETD on saturday. They advised they have none left nor do they know if another one will ever be made.

Does anyone know where I can get my hands on a second hand BETD linkage?

Thanks

Joe
    Cheers

Joe

Newbie Mountain Bike Rider
    Twitter: @SEOGeezer