Cotic Bfe Build begins

hobbitsharley
hobbitsharley Posts: 155
edited June 2012 in Your mountain bikes
Orders placed for Bfe in small, I decided against black in the end as everything I have or had is black so I've had blue with white RS Revs - thanks for the tip off under £300 for 2012 wih lock out - bargain.
Frame should be here Friday as should my forks and hope full all the little bits to get it built over the weekend.

So far I have slx front mech and shifters, Xt rear mech and triple chain set , tranzx dropped post ( may be reverb soon) Thompson stem and syncros bar, hope pro2 hubs with 721 rims with 4 pots - pics to follow when all the parts are in one place :)
live, ride, survive

2012 Nightrod Special Race tuned
Cotic Bfe
SYLO

Comments

• HarryK
    HarryK Posts: 84
    Thats going to look quality, look forward to seeing it progress. Only going to make me want to build my new bike more!
  • hobbitsharley
    hobbitsharley Posts: 155
    edited January 2012
    Its here just as i turned in after a night the TNT man rang the bell - one Cotic Bfe in Small (yes im only 5'6" on a good day)
    IMG_1196.jpg
    Revs arrived the day before :D
    IMG_1191.jpg
    the Wheels and Discs - yes i have a floating dinner plate up front :D
    IMG_1197.jpg

and so the build begins - as i dont have the tools to do the headset and steerer its off to the LBS to install and cut it down for me
    live, ride, survive

Cotic Bfe
    SYLO
  • just back from LBS - still to have steer cut as i needed wheels and seat to get the position right
    IMG_1198.jpg
    looking sorta bike like
    IMG_1199.jpg
    live, ride, survive

Cotic Bfe
    SYLO
  • Not too bad, love the look of the Cotics!
  • started at around 8:30 this morning and by 13:30 done :D inc 2 trips to the LBS to get the headset pressed in and steerer cut down the only damn job i couldnt do :( then i found the cables wouldnt fit completely different to the full length outers i had - back to the shop for cutters and ferrules - damn it - wish i had found my cutters would have saved some £££ oh well - so from a frame and forks delivered Friday to this a complete Cotic Bfe
    IMG_1209.jpg
    IMG_1208.jpg

Current Spec
    Cotic Bfe Small
    Hope Pro2 hubs - front 15mm bolt thru, rear 10mm bolt thru using Superstar Axle/QR
    Mavic EX721 rims
    Hope Tech M4 front and rear 203/183
    RS revelations with remote lock out
    SLX front Mech and Shifters
    XT Chainset and rear Mech
    Tranz-x Dropper post (soon to be Reverb)
    Thompson AM stem with Syncros bars (soon to be Easton Monkey in white)
    SDG saddle
    lock on grips (need to be replaced)

1st ride proved everything was tight and adjusted right - 1st build in 20yrs!!!!!! im taking it over the local trails tomoz after swaping the the Conti's for some Nobby Nics Snakeskin
    live, ride, survive

Cotic Bfe
    SYLO
  • Looking very nice!

Any idea on weight?
  • Looking very nice!

Any idea on weight?
    Cotic claim sub 28lb is possible on a medium, mine with the heavy weight wheel set and the big brakes and dropper is 30lbs, i stood on scales and picked it up not very acurate but gives ya an idea, i reckon loosing my wheels and getting something lighter would bring it way down
    live, ride, survive

Cotic Bfe
    SYLO
  • Still fairly respectable for the type of frame it is. I'm expecting about a 12kg build once my Soul is completed, just waiting to pick up my new front wheel.
  • that should be a very tasty bike when done - get to see how mine rides tomorrow fingers crossed
    live, ride, survive

Cotic Bfe
    SYLO
  • jay12
    jay12 Posts: 6,306
    very very nice! wouldn't mind one tbh
  • Team515
    Team515 Posts: 141
    nice
  • ste_t
    ste_t Posts: 1,599
    Definitely a good choice. Blue bfe with white revs, cant go wrong!
  • ste_t wrote:
    Definitely a good choice. Blue bfe with white revs, cant go wrong!
    just looked at yours :D i was thinking white wheels as well to try and lighten mine up a bit lol
    live, ride, survive

Cotic Bfe
    SYLO
  • well ive knocked around 400g or just under a 1lb off my bike by changing the tires !!!! ive gone from 2.3 Conti Gravity to 2.25 Schwalbe Nobby Nic EVO snakeskins, i could well have knocked a bit more off as the Syncros bar has been replaced as well with a White Easton EA70 Monkey Bar - so its know under 30lb whoo hooo - im still thinking of getting lighter wheels but struggling as to many choices LOL
    live, ride, survive

Cotic Bfe
    SYLO
  • ilovedirt
    ilovedirt Posts: 5,798
    that's a beauty!
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • DomN86
    DomN86 Posts: 112
    Hi hobbitsharley,

That's a beautiful frame, really love colour.

Nice Build.
    GIANT YUKON FX2 - http://goo.gl/xtIfv.
  • 1mancity2
    1mancity2 Posts: 2,355
    Lovely, get some white nano pedals on it :wink:
    Finished, Check out my custom Giant Reign 2010
    Dirt Jumper Dmr Sidekick2
  • diqkiq
    diqkiq Posts: 1
    What size rear hub does it take?
  • fat_homer
    fat_homer Posts: 470
    Very nice, love the blue, I'd have had my Soul that colour if I had had the choice. I'm very much a Cotic fan!
  • mrlee
    mrlee Posts: 499
    very nice indeed. cotics seem very popular at the moment 8)