Eddy Merckx emx-1

surreychris
surreychris Posts: 51
edited May 2012 in Your road bikes
Hello guys

I received a wonderful early wedding present from the soon to be Mrs Surreychris

image.jpg

Frame:CL+ 240 Carbon
Fork:Full Carbon Monocoque Fork 1 1/4" - 1 1/8"
Front Derailleur:Shimano 105
Rear Derailleur:Shimano 105
Chainset:Shimano 105 Compact Black
Cassette:Shimano 105
Front Brake:Shimano 105
Rear Brake:Shimano 105
Handlebars:FSA K-Wing Compact Bar
Stem:FSA Team Issue
Rims:Fulcrum Racing 7 Black
Front Hub:Fulcrum Racing 7 Black
Rear Hub:Fulcrum Racing 7 Black
Front Tyre:Vittoria Zaffiro Pro
Rear Tyre:Vittoria Zaffiro Pro
Saddle:Prologo Kappa Saddle
Seatpost:FSA team issue

I'm well chuffed with it. Looks awesome and rides superbly

Chris

Comments

• napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    Careful mate, as soon as you say 'I do' those presents will stop, as will other physical activities ;)
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • Loverly bike, would love an Eddy Merckx!
    Helmand Province is such a nice place.....
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    Lucky bugger! If I recall, all I got was a microwave :(
  • vespario
    vespario Posts: 228
    Nice bike. Good luck with the wedding. Sounds like a keeper!
  • petemadoc
    petemadoc Posts: 2,331
    Not a bad wedding pressie

Always liked the Merckx bikes. The names not bad either, now you just have to ride like Eddy :wink:
  • TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    Nice bike! :)
  • b16 b3n
    b16 b3n Posts: 301
    all i can say is you must be well gifted :lol: very nice present and all the best for the wedding :D
    " GET BACK CROC "
  • nice bike but i think the wife to be is trying to tell you something "on ya bike" :lol:
  • lovly looking bike. once your married hope the wife still lets you ride it!
  • Nairnster
    Nairnster Posts: 602
    Very very nice. Lovely colour scheme going on there. Happy bunny I imagine.
  • jewbs
    jewbs Posts: 139
    Congratulations on the bike and the upcoming wedding.

I have one of these bikes and absolutely love it, so nice to ride. I`ve added a bit of bling to mine with some upgraded wheels, carbon bars and eleganza bar tape!!
  • Thanks for the kind words guys, I'm looking forward to the big day! And still loving the bike, it really does ride superbly.

Im going to upgrade the wheels, not sure what to yet, after I've paid for the wedding of course ha!

Chris
  • smithaay
    smithaay Posts: 114
    Great bike :)
    Eat.Ride.Sleep.
  • jewbs
    Surely you don't have to wait to upgrade the wheels. Just mention what a lovely engagement present the bike was and that upgraded wheels would make a perfect wedding gift.
    By the way did you register your bike for the lifetime waranty, they send you a bike passport and a neat litle book of photos of merckx.
  • Hello again,

Just a quick one to say that I'm loving the bike still. Commuting on my boardman which is nice but this just feels like another level, and more!

Got my little book from Merckx, really nice little book of all of his wins, lovely photos, and a nice passport to keep with the bike.

Delighted!
  • GarryM
    GarryM Posts: 77
    Lovely bike (but I would say that.) Word of advice - I urge you to swap the tyres if you haven't already. I came off mine on only my second ride; combination of speed, water and road surface but mainly down to poor grip from the Zafiros. Changed to Conti' GP4000S and the increase in grip is significant but frankly any decent tyre would be a major improvement, particularly in the wet. A friend of mine has also bought one of these - I offered the same advice but before his new tyres arrived he also came off - front wheel wash-outs on both occasions. Don't mean to be negative - enjoy your bike, they're fantastic!
  • surreychris
    Hello again

Garry thanks for the advice, I have actually changed to Pro Race 3s now, but didn't find the vittorias too bad.

Took the bike into work today for a clean, and couldn't resist taking a photo. The toy that makes me money and the toy that costs me money ha

photo.jpg
  • blackstick
    blackstick Posts: 151
    Wow do you race the Ferrari ?
    A full roll cage , hmmmm .
    Hello again

Garry thanks for the advice, I have actually changed to Pro Race 3s now, but didn't find the vittorias too bad.

Took the bike into work today for a clean, and couldn't resist taking a photo. The toy that makes me money and the toy that costs me money ha

photo.jpg
  • surreychris
    I'm the chief mechanic on it. It's a gt3 car. Little video of it here of you're interested! www.scuderiavittoria.com

I like it. And pays for my bikes :D
  • jewbs
    I'm the chief mechanic on it. It's a gt3 car. Little video of it here of you're interested! http://www.scuderiavittoria.com

I like it. And pays for my bikes :D

No, your new wife pays for your bikes!! :D