Orange Alpine 160 & Cube Reaction GTC Pro

Ashweee
Ashweee Posts: 48
edited March 2013 in Your mountain bikes
Hi all,

been reading the forum for a while and posted a couple of times but think its about time i got involved a bit more.

So heres my 2012 Orange Alpine 160, bought it in september and i absolutely love it.

DSC00832.jpg

DSC00831.jpg

I went for a couple of options when speccing it including optional plasma blue paint, Fox 36 RLC FIT Kashima forks, Renthal Bars 'n' Stem and the Hope Tech m4 Brake upgrade.

Since i bought it I've fitted some Superstar Nano Techs, ODI Troy Lee lock on grips, Blackspire Stinger and a couple of DH tubes.

Been doing loads of uplift days at cwmcarn since I bought this bike but unfortunately had a bad off a couple of days before christmas resulting in a fractured rib, broken jaw and a bike that looks a little sorry for itself.

Anyways onto my hardtail, Its a 2010 Cube Reaction GTC Pro with a few cheeky upgrades. Heres a pic taken on the Cwmcarn Twrch trail.

DSC00329.jpg

Its got a pair of Superstar 160mm Floating Rotors, A Superstar 70mm Zephir Stem, Raceface Deus XC low rise bars in a nice anodised red, SRAM pg990 redwin cassette, Ybn Red chain and finally a pair of Crank Brothers Candy C pedals.

I Hope you like,
Cheers,
Ash.

Comments

• Hi there, killer bikes! :shock: I've always loved the look of the alpine, same as the cube, you should be very proud of your fine machines! :D
  • Ashweee
  • ilovedirt
    ilovedirt Posts: 5,798
    that alpine is gorgeous! Sorry to hear about your crash, hope you get back on the bike soon! How did the bike hold up? ;)
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • Ashweee
    ilovedirt wrote:
    that alpine is gorgeous! Sorry to hear about your crash, hope you get back on the bike soon! How did the bike hold up? ;)

Thanks, I love the alpine to bits. The bike could've been much worse to be fair, bent brake lever, scratched bars, scratched stanchion in the forks and demolished dials on the top of the right leg, currently got a claim into my bike insurance company to get it sorted so fingers crossed it'll be sorted soon.
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Very nice, little bit jealous if I'm honest.
  • How you enjoying the CB pedals? Been throwing around the idea of getting some to lighten my bike a bit, but i'm just not sure.

Very nice bikes!
  • Ashweee
    Angry Bird wrote:
    Very nice, little bit jealous if I'm honest.

How you enjoying the CB pedals? Been throwing around the idea of getting some to lighten my bike a bit, but i'm just not sure.

Very nice bikes!

To be honest I've never used any other makes of clipless pedals so cant really compare them to anything else but i like them, nice bit of float so you can move your foot around a little. I've also got a set of mallets on my commuter.
  • WebbyM3
    WebbyM3 Posts: 56
    Very nice bikes :D Where did you get the red chain from?
    Ben
  • Ashweee
    WebbyM3 wrote:
    Very nice bikes :D Where did you get the red chain from?
    Ben

Thanks, I got the chain from merlin, here's a link http://www.merlincycles.co.uk/Bike+Shop ... YBN-S9.htm
  • WebbyM3
    WebbyM3 Posts: 56
    Thanks for the link :) Hows the chain holding up? and what about the red coating? Thats if it is a red coating?
    Thanks
    Ben
  • Ashweee
    WebbyM3 wrote:
    Thanks for the link :) Hows the chain holding up? and what about the red coating? Thats if it is a red coating?
    Thanks
    Ben

No problem, the chain seems to be fine, some of the red has worn off as you'd imagine but you can definitely tell it's red from a distance so it's doing the job. It seems fairly tough too, not broken once in the last year that it's been on.

Ash.
  • Ashweee
    Incase anyones interested heres a video of my crash http://youtu.be/1YVIf-CDQ8Q

I edited about 15 mins off the end of me semi conscious rolling on the floor and had to upload it in non-HD due to my damn internet.

cheers,
    Ash.
  • sanchez89
    sanchez89 Posts: 567
    S**t mate, what happened there? your feet slip off pedals? hope your feeling a bit better.

both really nice looking bikes aswell. im doing the opposite of everyone else and starting to like those orange fives the more i see.
    2011 KHS Full Susser Carbon 29er Race Build
    Clank wrote:
    M'eh, I might just go back to zapping it with frikken lay-zur beeeems. And sharks.
  • Ashweee
    sanchez89 wrote:
    S**t mate, what happened there? your feet slip off pedals? hope your feeling a bit better.

both really nice looking bikes aswell. im doing the opposite of everyone else and starting to like those orange fives the more i see.

Haha you know what I have no idea what went wrong, I can't remember any of that run or anything that happened afterwards. I'm just starting to get to grips with jumping so i think its a mix of lack of experience and bad conditions.

Thanks for the compliment about my bikes, I love the look of all the modern orange bikes and they definitely look better in the flesh.
  • booyaka
    booyaka Posts: 263
    lovely bikes - horrible crash! :shock:

Hope your healing up ok
  • Ashweee
    Seeing as there's been a couple of alpine 160s posted lately I thought I'd update mine.

It's changed a lot since the last pics I've posted although I've not really got any good pics, only camera phone pics at the moment.

a7eb5a7b6a040ba22184bb11ec5e9ba3_zps60afba55.jpg

So the current spec is Fox 36 Float RLC Forks, RP23 rear shock, 1x10 drivetrain with a Shimano Zee mech, Zee shifter, SLX cassette, KMC chain and Hope chainring, e*thirteen xcx guide, Rockshox reverb dropper post, Hope tech m4 evo brakes with floating rotors, Mavic crossmax sx wheels running Schwalbe hans dampf tubeless tyres and finally Renthal bars & stem.

I also fitted a pair of Dmr Vaults yesterday but not got a pic with those yet.

Cheers,
    Ash.