Bestest gloves ever!

CRAIGO5000
CRAIGO5000 Posts: 697
edited January 2012 in Commuting chat
I went over to Planet X a few days back for some new wheels and while in there I noticed they were selling their own Planet X windproof gloves for £5 a pair! I picked up a set as it would have been rude not too.

After testing them out today in temps of around 4 degC my fingers were a perfect normal temperature. I'm a bit miffed as I spent £45 in Evans only a month back on some expensive Louis Garnaeu road gloves which were supposed to be good for -20 degC but in a mere 4deg day as today on my commutes to work, my fingers were left sore and burning they got that cold.

Both sets of gloves are slim fitting, offer brilliant feel of the gears and brake levers and also have velcro wrist straps with decent grip, but the Planet X gloves do what they say on the label regarding stopping wind and keeping you warm! I can't believe they are only a fiver too!

I'm posting this so that my fellow commuters can benefit from probably the cheapest gloves out there that actually work!
Ribble Stealth/SRAM Force
2007 Specialized Allez (Double) FCN - 3

Comments

• apreading
    apreading Posts: 4,535
    dont buy if you have large hands though. I added the largest size to an order a couple of weeks ago but sent them back because they were too small to get on. Looked qiote good though, would have liked them if they were bigger.
  • All gloves don't fit me properly as they should either. I'm a Large in the hand department, but because my fingers are long the webbing of a glove between my fore finger and thumb restricts movement. I simply bought an XL after trying them on and they allow perfect movement of all fingers and thumbs and still feel snug.
    Ribble Stealth/SRAM Force
    2007 Specialized Allez (Double) FCN - 3