Nice bike things of 2011

rolf_f
rolf_f Posts: 16,015
edited January 2012 in Commuting chat
Just a post of some of the nice bike things I found in my travels in 2011. If anyone has some nicely odd bikey pics from the year, please post!

1) A misty morning in the Parco di Milano at Monza; on the old Autodrome I found two oldish gents just riding bikes around in circles for the fun of it. A very atmospheric spot - much more interesting than the current circuit.
P1080448bikeedit.jpg

2) If you only go to America once, go to Colorado and make sure you don't miss Crested Butte. About the nicest, liveliest town in the Colorado Rockies (probably discounting Aspen but that's a crud hole for rich people) - full of young folk, mountains, MTB trails, restaurants and beer. And some very strange bikes. I had a go on a cruiser bike the Hotel had - just parked unlocked outside. It was fun but I wouldn't want to climb a Colorado pass on one.
P1090489-1.jpg
This one is a bit confusing :lol:
P1090490-1.jpg

3) Summit of Mount Evans - the two Giant TCRs my friend and I had hired for the day (about $40) plus the titanium Brompton am ancient bloke had ridden up on. 14200 feet is almost as high as you can ride on tarmac.
P1090790.jpg

4) The Tronheim bicycle lift. Sadly out of action at the moment due to EU rules but due to re-open this summer. How civilised - the only one in the world apparently. More into here -
http://www.trampe.no/english/index.php
P1100208rot.jpg
P1100210.jpg
P1100186rot.jpg

5) Just a nice ride through Holland - from Delft to Kinderdijk and Gouda on a rented bike (Pointer Horizon) - disappointingly it actually had gears; 3 of them! It took about 20 minutes on the ride before my GPS recorded any vertical height gain :lol:
P1100583.jpg
Faster than a tent.......