Back to School!

iPete
iPete Posts: 6,076
edited January 2012 in Commuting chat
Pack lunches made?

016.JPG

Am I the only one not looking forward to the first day back to school [work]!?

Not ridden in anger since early December, swam and run today so no legs already, forecast is heavy rain and Hammersmith flyover it shut = drivers desperately blocking other routes into London.

Be having MTFU with my cereal!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMPtIhAPnn4 :twisted:

Comments

• clarkey cat
    clarkey cat Posts: 3,641
    I can't wait! Last four days have been shocking. My wee man has been really sick and it's been challenging! Want to get back to the office...
  • I can't wait either, cabin fever taken over me. Even with the predicted gales I am still planning on the bike. Creature of habit me
  • meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    I was looking forward to it but I'm now going to be resting up for the Puffer enduro on Sat/Sun. Tuesday is still a bank hol up here so I'll be giving the MTB a last whirl around the Puffer course then hanging up my cycle clips for the week.
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • Same here...legs are still aching from the hilly 50miler I did today and the weather is going to be sh*t tomorrow, but not riding isn't an option in my book...
    Invacare Spectra Plus electric wheelchair, max speed 4mph :cry:
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,773
    Yes, must ride in tomorrow. Can't wimp out on the first commute of the year.
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    Kids are both off on an inset day so I have to work from home; no commute for me tomorrow.
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    Not back 'til the 9th. I may get out of bed sometime around midday.....
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • veronese68
    Not back 'til the 9th. I may get out of bed sometime around midday.....
    You utter utter bar steward. Turned my alarm on earlier this evening, will have to sneak out quietly so as not to wake the kids.
  • I can't wait! Last four days have been shocking. My wee man has been really sick and it's been challenging! Want to get back to the office...
    I bottled It, when I heard the QE2 bridge was closed and when I stood in my fairly protected gardned and could feel the gusts, discretion and all that but I am gutted but even when I got in to work I still felt I had made the right decision.

Wind at a constant I can deal with not over keen on the gusting part!
  • Where was that rain then? very windy (in the righ direction) but no torrential rain I think to spite the fact I was wearing all my wet weather gear and spare dry kit for the ride home...

A reasonable quantity of riders making the first commute of the year.
    If I know you, and I like you, you can borrow my bike box for £30 a week. PM for details.
  • meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    Where was that rain then? very windy (in the righ direction) but no torrential rain I think to spite the fact I was wearing all my wet weather gear and spare dry kit for the ride home...

A reasonable quantity of riders making the first commute of the year.

I've always thought that what you wear is like what tyres to fit in a Formula 1 race (for those that follow it) - dress for the conditions as you leave the house - any other choice is just guessing.
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    Where was that rain then? very windy (in the righ direction) but no torrential rain I think to spite the fact I was wearing all my wet weather gear and spare dry kit for the ride home...
    +1
    Though the no torrential rain was *because* we were wearing wet weather gear plus spare dry kit.
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • iPete
    iPete Posts: 6,076
    Kind of enjoyed that, apart from the thought of the ride home!
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    I'm on public transport this week but still looking forward to getting back to work: the terrible two's have landed with a vengeance and I'm knackered.

Looking forward to putting my feet up for eight hours a day again.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Oui, back.

Someone got sacked as they walked into the office today.

Happy new year everyone.
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,372
    dhope wrote:
    +1
    Though the no torrential rain was *because* we were wearing wet weather gear plus spare dry kit.

Err... have a look at raintoday. I think the torrential rain will be along shortly.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    rjsterry wrote:
    dhope wrote:
    +1

Err... have a look at raintoday. I think the torrential rain will be along shortly.

Yup - it passed by here a few mins ago and it was lashing it down - dry now though.

I did struggle out of bed while it was still going on - couldn't sleep with all that noise. I may go back to bed now it's quietened down.
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • veronese68
    Oui, back.

Happy new year everyone.

Not you at least. What do you have to do to get sacked in that place, act reasonable?
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Oui, back.

Happy new year everyone.

Not you at least. What do you have to do to get sacked in that place, act reasonable?

Hah something like that.

I think he was on review anyway.
  • Veronese68 wrote:
    Oui, back.

Happy new year everyone.

Hah something like that.

I think he was on review anyway.
    His performance at the works do? :D
  • veronese68
    I looked at the original post, thought I must make my sandwiches. I am now watching horizontal rain pass the windows across the office and thinking "I really should have made sandwiches". Oh well, a moist walk to Sainsbury's or Gregs for me.