Ribble Gran Fondo

dirtymonkey1985
dirtymonkey1985 Posts: 529
edited January 2012 in Your road bikes
Yet another Gran Fondo but I've been meaning to put this up for ages. It started life as a trek 1.5 and over time I upgraded various parts until I had a completely new bike.

Frame - Ribble Gran Fondo
Wheels - Bontrager Race x Lite
Chainset - FSA SLK Light
Groupset - mix of Ultegra sl & Ultegra 6700
Bar/Stem - FSA Plasma
Saddle - Selle Italia SLR Carbonio
Pedals - Time I-clic carbon
Tyres - Schwalbe Ultremo ZX

2df3de11.jpg

f6a02eef.jpg

f8fd38eb.jpg

It still isn't finished as I'm waiting on Ultegra 6700 rear mech, front mech, brakeset and an FSA k force seatpost. But to be honest I don't think it will ever be truly finished as I'll always want to fiddle around and upgrade it. That's the joy of it I guess.

Comments

• crescent
    crescent Posts: 1,201
    Nice bike, I'm a big fan of the looks of the Gran Fondo.
    If you don't mine me asking, what size of frame is that and what height are you?

Cheers
    Bianchi ImpulsoBMC Teammachine SLR02 01Trek Domane AL3“When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race. “ ~H.G. Wells Edit - "Unless it's a BMX"
  • Thanks. It's an XL frame which is equivalent to a 56 i think I'm 5,11. It's a lovely bike to ride and it seems to fly up hills which is a bonus. Well worth the money I reckon.
  • crescent
    crescent Posts: 1,201
    Bianchi ImpulsoBMC Teammachine SLR02 01Trek Domane AL3“When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race. “ ~H.G. Wells Edit - "Unless it's a BMX"
  • n1ckster
    n1ckster Posts: 158
    Very nice. Can I ask where you got the mount for your Garmin from?

Nick
  • It came with the bars when I bought them. I think you can buy one as a spare if you have the bars
  • As a Gran Fondo owner I'm obviously slightly biased, but that is a nicely prepared bike, although I'm not sure about the bar tape :wink: Any idea what it weighs in it's current guise?

Nigel
  • n1ckster wrote:

Nick

Looks like the Aspire Velotech mount to me

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pro-CARBON-Co ... 519af86c32
  • BrucieNRS wrote:
    As a Gran Fondo owner I'm obviously slightly biased, but that is a nicely prepared bike, although I'm not sure about the bar tape :wink: Any idea what it weighs in it's current guise?

Nigel

The grip tape is simply because I started and halfway through got carried away with another job and I've just never got round to sorting it. I think the weight is roughly 7.3 kg last time I checked.
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    The grip tape is simply because I started and halfway through got carried away with another job and I've just never got round to sorting it. I think the weight is roughly 7.3 kg last time I checked.

Really? That's insanely light for a Gran Fondo. I have one and came to the conclusion that I'd need carbon wheels to get it to that level. I think the fork alone is 660 grams or so. They are great bikes but not light.
    Faster than a tent.......
  • I just re tried it and it's 7.8 kg. I think I was getting carried away with the 7.2kg however it was a while ago i weighed it but still I'm pleased with it
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    It's still a good effort though - the frame is pretty chunky (though mine is the more recent style which could be heavier again). Mines all standard Ribble with heavy Khamsins but I think it is still over 8 even when it borrows the Neutrons from my Look. The ITM finishing kit isn't light though.
    Faster than a tent.......
  • n1ckster wrote:

Nick

Looks like the Aspire Velotech mount to me

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pro-CARBON-Co ... 519af86c32

It's the older version of this one http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mode ... elID=47612