Game recommendation?

skinnypunter
skinnypunter Posts: 144
edited January 2012 in The bottom bracket
Following a daft accident I won't have any use of my left hand for the next 6/8 weeks. No cycling, no driving etc etc. So, am desperate for something to take my mind off (a) the pain, (b) the frustration.

Does anyone know of any Wii/PC/online games which can be played with one hand?

Comments

• napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    The self love game can be played with the aid of the Internet...

Other than that I'd suggest the Wii is your best bet...
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • rc856
    rc856 Posts: 1,144
    NapoleonD wrote:
    The self love game can be played with the aid of the Internet...

Other than that I'd suggest the Wii is your best bet...

:lol:

I second the Wii. Loads you'll be able to play.
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    So, you want us to advise you on some one handed entertainment that you can manage whilst sat on the sofa ?
    And you honestly suspect Cake Stop to give you sensible answers ?

I'd recommend the stranger. Lie on your good arm for 20mins, or until numb, paint your nails and wear a nice bracelet, and away you go. By varying the nail polish colour and the bracelet, you should be able to entertain youself for a good while, but be warned, that you may wear it down to a pimple !!
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    Angry Birds
  • Get a good book
  • navrig
    navrig Posts: 1,352
    One handed bike maintenance is fun.

I was there 12 months ago with a broken thumb.

Even reading a book is difficult as you cant hold it open, especially if it is a thick one. Get a Kindle.
  • Navrig wrote:
    Even reading a book is difficult as you cant hold it open, especially if it is a thick one. Get a Kindle.

I'm Kindling... seems to be the only option. had a hospital appt today, and they are now saying it could be 12 weeks off!
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Football manager.

IF you want cycling related, pro-cycling manager, though you have to be a bit of a die-hard cycling fan to enjoy that one.
  • Football manager.

thanks - although I have never watched a game of football in my life. I guess that might put me at a disadvantage?
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    Civilisation on the PC
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • rick_chasey
    Football manager.

thanks - although I have never watched a game of football in my life. I guess that might put me at a disadvantage?

Not really. If you don't play as a top team most people wouldn't be familiar with much, unless you were an anorak.

Seriously, I'm only mildly interested in football and I get addicted to football manager.
  • rick_chasey
    NapoleonD wrote:
    Civilisation on the PC

Better shout.
  • finchy
    Football manager.

Not really. If you don't play as a top team most people wouldn't be familiar with much, unless you were an anorak.

Seriously, I'm only mildly interested in football and I get addicted to football manager.

:shock: :shock: :shock:

But Rick, what about the tactics?
  • rick_chasey
    johnfinch wrote:
    Football manager.

It's like any computer game you play.

Trial and error, educated guesses etc.

How do people work out their C&C or Civ tactics?

Ultimately it's a glorified spreadsheet.
  • finchy
    johnfinch wrote:
    Football manager.

It's like any computer game you play.

Trial and error, educated guesses etc.

How do people work out their C&C or Civ tactics?

Ultimately it's a glorified spreadsheet.

Dunno, never played those games. All I know is that thanks to my massive footballing brain I took KR to Icelandic glory and a UEFA Cup runners-up place on SWOS and Gyori ETO to the Hungarian double on FM. That is the glory of tactics. 8)
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    johnfinch wrote:
    Football manager.

I like the orange ones..............
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • skyd0g
    skyd0g Posts: 2,540
    This is quite addictive & playable with one hand:
    http://www.gamedesign.jp/flash/dice/dice.html
    Cycling weakly