Cheshire Cat 2012?

kayo74
kayo74 Posts: 299
edited January 2012 in Road beginners
Thinking of going in for the 100 miler anybody done this or thinking of doing it?. Would like some info of what's in store especially the killer Cop!!.
Cheers.

Comments

• cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    I've done it twice in the past, but the route changes pretty often. Mow Cop is ridiculously steep and you have to see it to believe it. But fit low gears and its rideable.
  • petemadoc
    petemadoc Posts: 2,331
    It's a decent event but expect to wait around for an hour or more in the morning cold before you set off. Mow cop is steep but it's pretty short.
  • kayo74
    kayo74 Posts: 299
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    PeteMadoc wrote:
    It's a decent event but expect to wait around for an hour or more in the morning cold before you set off. Mow cop is steep but it's pretty short.

I was surprised how short the steep bit is. Sort of thing you can get up using sheer bloody mindedness! Is intimidating though with how the road goes straight up the hill so you can see the steep bit well before you get to it.
    Faster than a tent.......
  • leech
    leech Posts: 77
    That wait in the cold wasn't very pleasant last year. They need to work out how to get people across the start line a bit quicker. Quite a few people fall off battling their way up Mow Cop.
  • petemadoc
    I know Pokerface rode the route last year without entering. Just used a friends as a waterfill stop and carried enough food for the duration.

I am seriously considering doing the same. The wait at the beginning is loooong and if you want a plastic medal at the end then the wait is looooong. So £30+ for a banana or two, some soreen, some water and some loooooooong queues.

Also checkout the Bikeradar spring fling

viewtopic.php?f=40007&t=12828607

It's free
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    He called at mine :)
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • Evil Laugh
    Evil Laugh Posts: 1,412
    I hope you reported yourself for harboring a champion.
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    He wasn't one then...
    He often called on for a coffee. I think it was the making of him.
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • petemadoc
    NapoleonD wrote:
    He wasn't one then...
    He often called on for a coffee. I think it was the making of him.

Undoubtedly