How has mapping software tricked you with hills?

brettjmcc
brettjmcc Posts: 1,361
edited January 2012 in The bottom bracket
Well,I found my nemisis over the christmas break - the hill out of Bedlinog. I hadn't trained for over a month due to a virus and had only done a total of 90 mins on the turbo.

Map my ride only said it was 5.9% average... I turned the corner to be greated with a sign saying 14% and it pretty much seemed to do that for ages. I duly had to stop after nearly seeing my breakfast again.

Where are your killer hills or have been tricked by mapping software?

Brett
BMC GF01
Quintana Roo Cd01
Project High End Hack
Cannondale Synapse SL (gone)
I like Carbon

Comments

• naffa
    naffa Posts: 126
    One of my routes includes a grade 5 climb acording to Map My ride but I take a 1.7 mile long tunnel underneath the hill, but MMR doesnt recognise the fact that I've stayed on hte level so grants me extra calories burned lol
    Cheers Nathan.
  • jim453
    jim453 Posts: 1,360
    Mapping software gets all hills wrong.

The question may more reasonably be asked 'How have the hills tricked the mapping software?'
  • brettjmcc
    brettjmcc Posts: 1,361
    jim453 wrote:
    Mapping software gets all hills wrong.

The question may more reasonably be asked 'How have the hills tricked the mapping software?'

I think then they have been behaving like my 2 year old son. They hide under a blanket when the mapping software searches for them - when we come to ride them, you turn the corner and it shouts "Here I am!" :lol:
    BMC GF01
    Quintana Roo Cd01
    Project High End Hack
    Cannondale Synapse SL (gone)
    I like Carbon