XT rear mech spring

dan shard
dan shard Posts: 722
edited January 2012 in MTB workshop & tech
I was descending parallel universe at landegla yesterday when something went a little wrong on my rear mech. On inspection it looks as though one of the springs have parted company not allowing the cage to pull back int ots correct position. Does anyone know where I can get a new spring or is this a new derailleur job? (I hope the former)

TIA

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    Pics?

Has it just slipped round on the mounting on the hanger.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • dan shard
    I havent got any photos Im afraid..I can pull it back by hand into the correct position, but the cage springs right forward to the chain stay when you let go. Theres only spring on the mech now, whereas Im sure there used to be two..cant say I payed that much attention before though
  • Part no. 7 looks like the culprit from your description. Think you`ll get a new/decent s/h mech a lot easier than the part though.

http://techdocs.shimano.com/media/techd ... 625640.pdf
    Jens says "Shut up legs !! "

Specialized S-Works SaxoBank SL4 Tarmac Di2
  • dan shard
    wow thats usefull, never seen that diagram before! Defo sounds like thats the culprit
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    Or is it the ther spring?

Got any pics yet?
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown