Tempted to sell the hybrid...

alphacharlie
alphacharlie Posts: 202
edited January 2012 in The bottom bracket
and buy a road bike.
Got 2 Boardman Pro Hybrids sat in the garage, one attached to the turbo trainer and one hanging on the wall, if I go out on the bike at this time of year I end up off road on the MTB but do enjoy an hour or so on the turbo on a evening time. I'm tempted to have a go at the 55 mile route at the Lincoln Grand prix weekend but also tempted to let one or both the hybrids go and replace with a road bike, I've managed to get my weight down from 104 kg to 86 with a combination of running and cycling but hope to loose more still and a road bike may just help me get more of my time on the road and the turbo.
Thoughts?
Carrera Fury for the muddy stuff
Boardman Road Team for the black stuff
PDQ for the TT stuff

Comments

• but do enjoy an hour or so on the turbo on a evening time.
    Pervert!
    Remember that you are an Englishman and thus have won first prize in the lottery of life.
  • filty pervert! :P
    Coveryourcar.co.uk RT Tester
    north west of england.
  • and buy a road bike.
    Got 2 Boardman Pro Hybrids sat in the garage, one attached to the turbo trainer and one hanging on the wall, if I go out on the bike at this time of year I end up off road on the MTB but do enjoy an hour or so on the turbo on a evening time. I'm tempted to have a go at the 55 mile route at the Lincoln Grand prix weekend but also tempted to let one or both the hybrids go and replace with a road bike, I've managed to get my weight down from 104 kg to 86 with a combination of running and cycling but hope to loose more still and a road bike may just help me get more of my time on the road and the turbo.
    Thoughts?

Congratulations on your weight loss and determination.

Ditch the hybrid/urban bike and buy a road bike, you'll not regret it.
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • Gizmodo
    Gizmodo Posts: 1,928
    That path the dark side is. Wanting Lycra and carbon shoes soon you will if that path you choose.

Oh sod it, go for it!
  • Thanks guys, not sure on the perversion!! its not like its an MTB slapped on the turbo after all, I find it an easy way to unwind and with 2 youngsters in bed asleep its easy to achieve without any upset.
    May have to dust off the Boardman's and get a for sale post going on here while I read up on compacts/twins/triples and all the other alien road jargon.
    Cheers
    AC
    Carrera Fury for the muddy stuff
    Boardman Road Team for the black stuff
    PDQ for the TT stuff
  • random man
    random man Posts: 1,518
    just don't forget the n+1 rule ;)
  • Gizmodo
    Gizmodo Posts: 1,928
    First set your budget, and don't forget to leave some room for clothing and extras like shoes, lights, bag for spares etc. then get down your LBS and see what's in your price range. Then look at the reviews and roundups on this site and others. Consider buying second hand if you haven't got much budget. Then test ride several, more than just around the car park! Buy the one that makes you smile the most and then have fun.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,660
    edited January 2012
    There's nothing wrong with Boardman Hybrids and they are underrated because of the hybrid tag IMO - but not sure you need two. I'd flog one and put it towards a roadie if that's what you fancy - then you've got one of each.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • I'm looking for a hybrid at the mo, hurry up & post the classified!