Looking for a London club

islwyn
islwyn Posts: 650
Hey Y'all...

I've been cycling alone for a while now (Altogether now - awww) and feel as if I'd like to join a group. I live in Chiswick, West London. I'd love to join a good community that have club rides on a weekend and maybe midweek too... I'd also be interested in doing TT's/Sportives with a club but that's not nessasary. If anyone could suggest some to me that would be fantastic.

Thank you,
Ash

Comments

• Twickenham CC would not be far from you and are a good friendly club.
  • Heyy - I'm in Ealing *waves* and tried out London Dynamo at the weekend - they were a really friendly bunch and do lots of rides. On Saturdays its laps around Richmond Park through and off for all abilities (but they're really good with proper beginners too) and on Sunday it's Hampton Court or Surrey for hill rides....a lot of the people are really into it with races and stuff but you don't have to be.

Me and my bf are both going to join up.
    http://www.londondynamo.co.uk
  • http://www.kingstonwheelers.co.uk/

Friendly, Club Runs on Sundays, further rides including both mid-week 'Work Dodgers" and mid week training rides. Just turn up on a Sunday for a few rides and see how you like it.

Chris
    17 years commuting up and down the King\'s Road and i still don\'t get faster...
  • islwyn
    I sent Twickenham CC an email about tagging along on a club run but they haven't got back to me yet.

I've spotted LondonDynamos before when I've been doing circuits in RP, I'll have to join them one morning there and see what it's like.
  • Islwyn wrote:
    I sent Twickenham CC an email about tagging along on a club run but they haven't got back to me yet.

Probably a bit of a NY hiatus.
    As they haven't got new dates for 'New rider' club runs on the website, you could probably just turn up on Saturday at 9am at the clubhouse and go out with one of the groups, specially if you've ridden in a group before.
    All groups (usually a social, a steady and a fast, depending on numbers) go out to Fairoaks airport and back in a loop, usually with a tea break at the airport caff - about 55 miles I think.
    I should stress though, I'm not a member yet. But having been out with them a few times am about to sign up.
    Mainly cos the Saturday ride suits me more than the Sunday ride at Kingston, and they seem like a good bunch.
  • islwyn
    go out to Fairoaks airport and back in a loop, usually with a tea break at the airport caff - about 55 miles I think.

Fantastic, with my journey from Chiswick that'll add an extra 10 each way so happy days! I'll aim to do this Sat, thank you.
  • Islwyn wrote:

I've spotted LondonDynamos before when I've been doing circuits in RP, I'll have to join them one morning there and see what it's like.

Do it. They were really welcoming (especially to me, I only have one eye I use and they were really cool about it)
  • Islwyn wrote:
    go out to Fairoaks airport and back in a loop, usually with a tea break at the airport caff - about 55 miles I think.

Fantastic, with my journey from Chiswick that'll add an extra 10 each way so happy days! I'll aim to do this Sat, thank you.

actually it might be more like 45-50.
  • islwyn
    Went out with Twickenham CC this morning - Great fun, really enjoyed it!
  • Islwyn wrote:
    Went out with Twickenham CC this morning - Great fun, really enjoyed it!

good stuff, did you go with the medium or the fast group?
  • islwyn
    did you go with the medium or the fast group?

Well because I was new they put me in the bottom group so I wouldn't hold up the med/fast group if I was slower, however I will be going in medium next time. Was still enjoyable though - loved the 2 sprint spots!

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/139573108