Oh CJCP - shame.......

rolf_f
rolf_f Posts: 16,015
edited January 2012 in Commuting chat
Oh CJCP (said as Homer would say 'Oh Fat Tony')

I see what you did there whilst I was holed up with a cold at my folks. Yes, the commuting was fine but what's this 'Commute +1 lap', 'Commute + 2 laps', 'Commute +3 laps' when you've never (well, not in the last 3 months :lol: ) done any 'laps' (whatever they are) before?

And after you'd actually said you were finished for the year?

And for why - to steal my 13th place in SC Stats? All that effort to deprive me of finishing at my lucky number? Taking advantage of my illness.

Oh, CJCP - I'm disappointed with you............

(Such caddish behaviour - who would have thought....) :lol:
Faster than a tent.......

Comments

• dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    Chapeau CJCP
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • CJ - Chapeau.

Rolf -

1294077376832_3660956.png
  • Jay dubbleU
    Jay dubbleU Posts: 3,159
    Sneaky - well played sir
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    Yes I seem to remember the old fella has form for this type of sneaky play. :lol:
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    One needs to try to use all their the tricks at their disposal. All's fair and what not :wink:

"Lap" refers to a lap of the local park - 6.7 miles per lap. I'd been doing laps since September-ish to try to keep Asprilla at bay, but just forgetting to use the +1 etc option.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • rolf_f
    cjcp wrote:
    One needs to try to use all their the tricks at their disposal. All's fair and what not :wink:

Indeed - can't agree with you more. I'm just dissappointed that you thought so little of me as to leave a mere 30 miles gap with a whole day to go - you should have gone for that race! And I could hardly finish the year without hitting 7700 given that my previous years total was 10300 - 18000 for two years work is a lot better than 17740 don't you think?

I thank you (and reclaim my 13th!) :lol:
  • cjcp
    Unfortunately, I had a good ride planned early doors on NYE, but woke up in the middle of the night feeling rough, so had to bin the ride. Been feeling rough since. Last time I ate properly was on the 30th.
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • rolf_f
    Nasty :(

How long would that ride have been - in the end I finished 30 ahead. It would have been more but for my Chrimbocold; I'd planned a 65 or 35 about the 28th so I should have ended up close to 7750. As it was though 62 on Saturday was really the most I could have managed.

Still, done now and a slack start to the new year but the weather was a bit dodgy this morning.
  • cjcp
    Dunno. I had a route in mind, but was going to see how the distance was going in case I needed to lengthen it as I hadn't done it before. I have a feeling, though, that I would have come up about two miles short!
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."