Decathlon Rockrider 8.1

Burnz0
Burnz0 Posts: 35
edited January 2012 in Your mountain bikes
Not sure if this is the right place to post this but here goes...
I've nearly been convinced that for my budget the Rockrider 8.1 is the by far the best buy but the only sticking point for me is how it looks. So the question is, firstly do you all agree that it is far from good looking? and secondly, has anyone had any success in making ugly bikes looks better (or do I need to just buy a better looking bike in the first place)
I'm wondering if I take off some of the stickers - especially on the wheels (although I don;t know what would be underneath!) it won't look half as bad.

http://www.decathlon.co.uk/81-2011-id_8168695.html

Comments

• As an owner of possibly one of the ugliest bikes in the world (the Edison) I have to say, why bother? Once it's covered in mud it'll look identical to all the other bikes anyway.

Also, rather than spending money making it look better, spend money making it ride better.

Stick some better tyres on there, perhaps change bars, saddle & grips if they're not comfy, then ride it.

For £500 the rockrider is an awesome bike. Just ride it.
  • It looks fine... it will look better with mud on it!
  • Just ride it :P I've got one and love it to pieces
  • Burnz0
    Burnz0 Posts: 35
    I've been looking at some of the older Rockriders and the only difference between the 2010 and 2011 models is the wheels and the seat and I think the 2010 looks pretty nice. I'm thinking I'll swap for some black rims first and then chamge the seat and grips later... How easy is it to change them and will I manage it myself as I have no idea what I'm doing?
  • WebbyM3
    WebbyM3 Posts: 56
    The seat looks too be the same as the 2010 in shape but just different in colour. The saddle feels like a charge spoon with alot more padding on the nose. Its pretty comfy to be honest and i wont bother changing mine until it looks bad or rips. I changed the grips straight away to superstar excel grips which i prefer because they were wider but the main thing i would deffiently recomend changong are the bars for some wider ones as this transforms the feel of the bike. Hope this helps :)