Good new years eve morning

Gazlar
Gazlar Posts: 8,084
edited December 2011 in The Crudcatcher
Morning Scuttlers

Back in wolves and back at work at 4.30am, my last early shift with LM.

Weird being in an almost empty house with just computer, telly and sofa bed, but also quite good having not much to tidy.

This afternoon will see me make a start on decorating the last two rooms that need painting

Then time to w@nk in the new year ;)

Laterz and have a fantastic 2012
Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
Amy
Farnsworth
Zapp

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Mornin

Up with a champaigne hangover and two loud kids.

Today is some study, then over to father in laws to take him out for his birthday lunch. Tonight is big night out with the current wife :)

No cycling or running as my knee is still fubar from llandegla :(
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Oh, and gazler - enjoy your new year tommy tank
  • RevellRider
    RevellRider Posts: 1,794
    Gazlar wrote:
    Weird being in an almost empty house with just computer, telly and sofa bed, but also quite good having not much to tidy.

Add a kettle and something to cook bacon on and you'll have everything a man needs in life.

Morning teabaggers

Another day at work, but thankfully a short one. Then off to a houseparty to consume a few drinks, have a laugh, probably end up playing some silly game on the wii, falling over and ending up in A+E

God I love New Year
  • Richie63
    Richie63 Posts: 2,132
    Waiting for a helicopter at Norwich.
    Hotel room was like some Chinese laundry after washing clothes and bike in their bath. Bit muddy from Cannock.

Should be back on the 9th. Hope interweb is running on the Seafox then you won't miss me.

Happy New Year to you All.

Richie
    I'm going to blow the bank on a new build ( within reason ) NOW DONE!!
    http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss14 ... 010362.jpg
  • Morning homos.

Bacon and scrambled egg for breakfast.

Watched RED last night. Was a jolly good film actually.

Richie, the seafox platforms are those ones on the stilts that move up/down right? We had one anchored in douglas bay a couple of years back, pretty impressive watching them.

Laters homos
  • Out for a couple hrs this am then off to shop with family. Nothing this evening. Happy New Year to all!
  • spongtastic
    spongtastic Posts: 2,651
    Gazlar wrote:

Not weird, with the addition of plastic sheeting, it makes it easier to clear up the blood afterwards.

Morning all.

Off to the cinema with the kids and that's about all I'm doing today. Might clean the bike later, might not.
    Visit Clacton during the School holidays - it's like a never ending freak show.

Who are you calling inbred?
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Morning bumders

Trying to decided whether or not to clean the bike... reasons to clean the bike include it's caked in mud and I can't take a look at the brakes or replace the pads until it's been cleaned. Reasons not to clean the bike include being lazy, knowing the brakes need bleeding, it's cold, and being lazy. May as well wait and do it hungover in the morning.

Out later, been promised it'll be good.

Tempted to go watch MI4 later, or I might wait until next week when the schools go back.

Laters
  • Hey all, not long got up, had a few drinks last night and got home late, so feeling the effects a bit today. Off in a few hours to go meet a buddy of mine to get wrecked and wander around the clubs tonight, so 2 bottles of Jim Beam have been bought, and fodo has been consumed to cover the belly region.

Enjoy your new years eve!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,149
    Morning Gits,

Headed back to Kent today after a few days lazing in the countryside. Had to do some repairs to the car yesterday after some bar steward monkey pulled the windscreen wahers out of the bonnet while going round Longleat Safari Park. Later peeps...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Mehning all!

Got up at 9:30 (well, 10 really) to try and swing the body clock back into a more 'normal' timezone for work in a few days time. It hurt.

I'm not really a fan of New Years Eve. Pubs are rammed, charging top dollar for the usual ales, house parties are full of couples snogging all night telling each other how they'll 'love each other more next year'. They should all get some limes and string.
    I told my housemate that I'll be back in Leeds, staying in, watch TV until about 12:30 then go to bed. He said "Sounds good, might come back to Leeds for that". He's now gone and invited 'a few friends round' and getting some drinks and food in :roll: Completely missed my point.
    [/singleton rant]

Meh
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • Gazlar
    What you need is hookers and blow.

Sideways.

I'll blow you In a minute!

In response to an earlier quote, I do have a kettle and cooker still, I also have an awesome butty shop just over t'road.

In other news serms Katherine Jenkins has got wine of my immenent arrival in the principality and ditched dead wood Gethin, she must be aware that I'm a fan of her arias
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • Happy 2011 Maggots, seeing as this is the last day of what has been a farking interesting year for me

Drove home from the Yorkshire area this AM, trundling along nicely on the motorway then the [brand new 2011, 2,500 miles on clock] Ford Focus decides to suffer a catalogue of errors, in no particular order: Engine Management Failure, Steering Assist Failure, Park Assist Failure and ABS System Failure. WTFFFFFF!
    Pull over, as it's dead, switch off the ignition for a few seconds, restart and wa-lah! She runs as if nothing ever happened.
    As I get home, I get these amazing messages appearing on the dash once again, but got it home with neither the rev counter or speedo functioning with more flashing lights than frikkin' Blackpool. Fail!
    I so hate that car. 2012 will be year of the Golf, Fords are crap, not negotiable. Second time this has happened (it happened with a whopping 52 miles on the clock) and now they can keep it.

Other than that, zero plans for tonight, so New Year will be spent on the Interwebz, sending texts from the mobile phone and even if I was invited out, the immobile Ford is nothing more than a two tonne paperweight taking up valuable parking space. POS
  • Happy 2011 Maggots, seeing as this is the last day of what has been a farking interesting year for me

Drove home from the Yorkshire area this AM, trundling along nicely on the motorway then the [brand new 2011, 2,500 miles on clock] Ford Focus decides to suffer a catalogue of errors, in no particular order: Engine Management Failure, Steering Assist Failure, Park Assist Failure and ABS System Failure. WTFFFFFF!
    Pull over, as it's dead, switch off the ignition for a few seconds, restart and wa-lah! She runs as if nothing ever happened.
    As I get home, I get these amazing messages appearing on the dash once again, but got it home with neither the rev counter or speedo functioning with more flashing lights than frikkin' Blackpool. Fail!
    I so hate that car. 2012 will be year of the Golf, Fords are crap, not negotiable. Second time this has happened (it happened with a whopping 52 miles on the clock) and now they can keep it.

Other than that, zero plans for tonight, so New Year will be spent on the Interwebz, sending texts from the mobile phone and even if I was invited out, the immobile Ford is nothing more than a two tonne paperweight taking up valuable parking space. POS

Ford= Found on road dead.
  • ste_t
    ste_t Posts: 1,599
    2 hours into a 17 hour shift. Already had 5 coffees, a full breakfast crammed in to a bap, and a turd so monstrous I'm waiting for the drain to implode.

Onwards and upwards etc
  • ste_t wrote:
    2 hours into a 17 hour shift. Already had 5 coffees, a full breakfast crammed in to a bap, and a turd so monstrous I'm waiting for the drain to implode.

Onwards and upwards etc

17 hour shift? WTF do you do for a job?
  • ste_t
    ste_t Posts: 1,599
    ste_t wrote:

Onwards and upwards etc

17 hour shift? WTF do you do for a job?

2011-12-31115629.jpg

Oops..... need to change that lightbulb.
  • jay12
    jay12 Posts: 6,306
    Richie: lucky bugger, i want a helicopter ride... hahaha

Raymondavalon: that sucks, my dad's ford galaxy(2004) has been running very well for 3 years. just had some small parts changed that needed changing but no major failures and it's nearly done 200,000 miles now!

anyway had toast with cheesy beans and bacon for breakfast and soon i'll be going to llandegla and while i'm there i'll be buying some new 661 kneepads.

Problem is, they're not made with any passion or soul, unlike Ferraris.
  • sheepsteeth
    sheepsteeth Posts: 17,418
    pretty impressive watching them.

just like my obvious and necessarys
  • Pudseyp
    Pudseyp Posts: 3,514
    Afternoon dickwads....

Well another year nearly gone and some great crudding in 2011....

Tonight will consist of ramming as much grub down my throat along with copious amounts of Stella, Shiraz and Irish Whiskey...

All they is left for me to do is wish you all a
    2323543_f520.jpg
    Tomac Synper 140 Giant XTC Alliance 1
    If the world was flat, I wouldn't be riding !
  • Gazlar
    Having a dilema today, new house is great but wondering whether I need both bikes. I want a cheap commute rig as I don't fancy leaving either bike in the centre of cardiff, but as it's only a mile and half I was thinking of knocking up a cheap dj bike.

This leaves my other bikes, do I sell my ht and leech the fs for parts and build a meta carbon (my fave riding bike ever) or stock with the two I've got and add a cheap commuter ? Decisions decisions
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • Gazlar wrote:
    Having a dilema today, new house is great but wondering whether I need both bikes. I want a cheap commute rig as I don't fancy leaving either bike in the centre of cardiff, but as it's only a mile and half I was thinking of knocking up a cheap dj bike.

This leaves my other bikes, do I sell my ht and leech the fs for parts and build a meta carbon (my fave riding bike ever) or stock with the two I've got and add a cheap commuter ? Decisions decisions

If you do end up needing a new bike, I can sell you a Merida Mission sport FS frame, with front mech, seatclamp, seatpost and saddle, bars and headset for 160 delivered. Or 240 with the suntours forks I have laying around :D
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Gazlar I'd get a build a cheap DJ bike, it's hardly a long commute and you can have some fun on it.

Anyways decided to clean the bike and the brakes weren't as fucked as bad as anticipated. Quick bleed on the front and pad change at both ends and they're sorted. Not suprised I was having issues yesterday, pads had worn down completely to the metal backing and the springs were virtually non existent. Good times.
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    now then you mothers!

second sh00t night of the worst shift in the world done-Boom! two to go!

gonna pop in to a mates house party tonight, asked the host what non alky stuff they had and his mrs replied that there is "come" in the fridge, really hope she meant coke!

new bike to be purchased in the new year, looking at the On-One scandal 29 or the carbon whippet with the hub gear thing! Dunno what to get!

Hope you all have a cracking night and because i am working and missing out hope your hangovers are huge! But not as huge as sheeps obvious, cos that is proper huge!

happy new year kisse all round!
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • Gazlar
    Angry Bird wrote:
    Gazlar I'd get a build a cheap DJ bike, it's hardly a long commute and you can have some fun on it.

Thats what I'm thinking, plus it might be good to learn skills other than sit on saddle hold on tight and stay upright as best as possible, think I might go for a build, I'll just wait a few weeks see how it all pans out methinks

well back home now to enjoy seeing the new year on me tod, I got a mound of material to maker paper mache, take that blaring the speakers and a bhuna on the way. Oh and I've ordered a feck off big indian feast

Edit, computer monitor just decided to play silly beggars, thought I'd lost my internet lifeline, but after blowing my graphics card til all the cack came out of it, its now working
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp