First Offroad Ride!

choldy
choldy Posts: 28
edited December 2011 in MTB beginners
Hi all, I'ma regular road commuter but got myself a Mongoose Switchback Comp from Santa so took it out to QE Country park for a blast around the mountain bike trail there. Wow what a difference to riding a fixie on the road, I thought I was relatively fit but was knackered after 15 minutes and all the mud and clay meant I spent an awful lot of time on my backside in the mud!! I actually used the clipless pedals off my fixie which I think was a mistake and I think I'll go back to flats off road for a while till I get a bit more confident off road in the mud. Anyhoo thought I'd pop up and intro myself, looking forward to my next outing!!!!

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Nice time of year to start ;-)

But is addictive! You work your upper body much more when MTBing, so some of the tiredness will stem from that.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Seconded, my arms get knackered long before my legs, but then I've always had (proportionately) better leg than arm strength!

Simon
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • choldy
    choldy Posts: 28
    cheers guys, at least I know its to be expected, looking forward to getting out again tomorrow:) and this forum is also very addictive I'm finding,,,,