Need Help - Anthem X2 or Trance X1 (2012)

Raeme525
Raeme525 Posts: 2
edited December 2011 in MTB buying advice
Hi all,
I'm pretty new to all this new mountain biking riding. I have a motorbike but am now transferring to mtb. I was looking at both the Anthem X2 or the Trance X1. I've been continually asked what sort of riding i'll be doing but honestly, i'm not sure yet. I would like to ride XC, trails, enduro's, down hill, generally a bit of everything till I really find out what i like. There is a sale on both bikes and only roughly an $150 gap btween the two so price isn't a factor. Any ideas anyone??? Thanks

Comments

• t0pc4t
    t0pc4t Posts: 947
    I have an anthem X4 2010 and it's great, I do general trail riding in Swinley forest and it copes fine with that. It's light and I have heard the geometry is biased towards being more 'race like' although it is my first full suss bike so I have no comparison.

As I said I mainly ride Swinley but have done the odd trip out to Ashton Court as well and found that the bike has coped with everything I have thrown at it so far.

Both bikes review very well.

For that kind of money I would expect the bike shop should be prepared to lend you the demo bike for an afternoon to take to your local trails so you can see which one you prefer.
    Whether you're a king or a little street sweeper, sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper.

Cube Curve 2009
    Giant Anthem X4

FCN=6
  • t0pc4t wrote:
    I have an anthem X4 2010 and it's great, I do general trail riding in Swinley forest and it copes fine with that. It's light and I have heard the geometry is biased towards being more 'race like' although it is my first full suss bike so I have no comparison.

As I said I mainly ride Swinley but have done the odd trip out to Ashton Court as well and found that the bike has coped with everything I have thrown at it so far.

Both bikes review very well.

For that kind of money I would expect the bike shop should be prepared to lend you the demo bike for an afternoon to take to your local trails so you can see which one you prefer.

Ditto to this. Ive got an Anthem X4 and its a fantastic bike! You can't go far wrong with either!
  • Dirtydog11
    Dirtydog11 Posts: 1,621
    I'd go for the Trance, its a bit more versatile than the Anthem although as others have said neither would disappoint.