Dalby World Cup Course

Pain Cave
Pain Cave Posts: 18
edited December 2011 in Routes
Looking to go to Dalby soon to ride the red route but also interested in riding the World Cup XC course. Has anyone been recently? Is the whole World Cup route open at then mo? Is it waymarked? Cheers.
Be One Carbon Raw
Specialized Stumpjumper FSR
Giant TCR Alliance

Comments

• altern_8
    altern_8 Posts: 1,562
    I was at Dalby today,and the trails at the moment are very good for this time of year,if it rains for 2-3 days before you go,it will be a bit of a mud and puddle fest,so keep a eye on the weather.

The world cup course is open all year round,and is waymarked as a Black route,it doesnt actually say world cup course on the markers tho.Follow the red route from the visitors centre to Dixons Hollow(marker 14),the world cup course starts in the far left hand corner of the big field opposite(Adderstone field).

The only thing that is closed at Dalby at the moment are the table tops at Dixons Hollow,but its not part of the course.

Also at this time of the year,it is only £4/car to park.

Hope that helps you out.
  • Thanks that's really helpful. I was a fan of the old black at Dalby some years ago but not been for ages. Looking forward to it!
    Be One Carbon Raw
    Giant TCR Alliance
  • altern_8 wrote:
    it doesnt actually say world cup course on the markers tho.

No it doesn't but there are 'world cup' plaques underneath all the associated black arrows on the posts :)
  • Went today. What an amazing loop. Made me appreciate how good the pros are.
    Be One Carbon Raw
    Giant TCR Alliance