New phone - what to get

jeannot18
jeannot18 Posts: 720
edited December 2011 in MTB buying advice
I am due to upgrade my phone next month. I have got a Blackberry right now and don't want it anymore. I don't want an iPhone as it is too expensive. So I was thinking to get a cheapish Android phone. One of the app that I would like to get, if it exists, would be a GPS app where I can upload routes that I will be able to get from websites/email etc. Is this possible, if yes what do you use (app) and on what phone? Thanks

J
Pédale ou crève
Specialized Elite Allez with 105
Rockrider 8.1 : )

Comments

• RyanMK43
    RyanMK43 Posts: 113
    Why are you posting this on a MTB forum :?: :? Maybe try asking on the general forum if this app exists
  • RyanMK43 wrote:
    Why are you posting this on a MTB forum :?: :? Maybe try asking on the general forum if this app exists
    Because I would like to load MTB routes from sites like this http://www.imbikemag.com/issue15/ (page 67-68)

J
    Pédale ou crève
  • ADL wrote:
    Thanks for that, looks like a good phone.
    Will review in January but it is a contender
    JC
    Pédale ou crève
  • widge34
    widge34 Posts: 900
    I have a HTC Icredible s android phone. I have Endomondo and Strava on it, there is also an app called my tracks. I like Strava as you can add tracks to your profile, you can also add segments of tracks. You can add friends who use Strava to your profile, then you can see who runs the fastest tracks or segments.
    ----
    Widge.

Bird Zero 2
    Trek Madone 3.5c H2 2013
  • widge34 wrote:
    I have a HTC Icredible s android phone. I have Endomondo and Strava on it, there is also an app called my tracks. I like Strava as you can add tracks to your profile, you can also add segments of tracks. You can add friends who use Strava to your profile, then you can see who runs the fastest tracks or segments.
    Nice phone but out of my budget. Took note of the 2 apps, thanks for that

jC
    Pédale ou crève
  • vmgscot
    vmgscot Posts: 120
    Not sure what your budget is but I recently bought some Motorola Defy+ handsets for some of our driver/mechanics. They are Android so I guess they run the apps above but impressive little tough units that should survive those 'offs' on yer bikes and the occasional soaking in the rain.
    vmgscot
  • vmgscot wrote:
    Not sure what your budget is but I recently bought some Motorola Defy+ handsets for some of our driver/mechanics. They are Android so I guess they run the apps above but impressive little tough units that should survive those 'offs' on yer bikes and the occasional soaking in the rain.

Looks pretty good, cheapest I could find is £199, luckily it could go down by the time I have to replace my Blackberry. Thanks for that

JC
    Pédale ou crève