Tips pls: pack a suit for work without crumpling it

JaiRo
JaiRo Posts: 64
edited December 2011 in Commuting general
Hello all,

what are your tips for packing a suit for work in your back pack without getting it crumpled (or with the least amount of it) please?

Any folding tips or the like.

The obvious answer would be to leave 2 suits at work but there arent any lockers and leaving shirts and suits etc on the peg all week is frowned upon, which leaves me with the only option of packing my bag daily.

Thanks in advance.
Scott Aspect 40 2011

Comments

• DrLex
    DrLex Posts: 2,142
    Decent suits will suffer if packed daily- best buy a travel suit, as cloth & construction should be appropriate.
    There's plenty of packing videos on YouTube - here's a good example.
  • fossyant
    fossyant Posts: 2,549
    Certainly leave a jacket, and if you can the trousers. Shirts in and out every day.

Trousers could be hung on a hanger and placed out of sight.
  • JaiRo
    Thanks for that, vid is pretty cool. It also linked to another one where the fella turned the jacket inside out to roll it and pack so that it limits damage to the shoulders.
    I guess my suits are half decent in terms of high street and peg bought, made and adjusted by TM Lewin in the sales less corporate discount :P.

Ill follow what those guys have said, didnt think to look on youtube!
    Scott Aspect 40 2011
  • DrLex
    DrLex Posts: 2,142
    You're welcome, but I'd echo fossyant and urge you to leave the suit at work. Request lockers/ coat cupboard if eyebrows are raised.
    JaiRo wrote:
    [...] made and adjusted by TM Lewin [...]
    Hope for your sake that such last longer than their shirts- I only buy the latter in the sale at £20 a pop as they barely last 6 months before collar and cuffs wear through.
  • This was helpful to me too. Thank you!
  • JaiRo
    In normal circumstances I would, but considering Im a noob at the place and we are re-locating end of Q1, its best for me to keep shtum and abide.

I actually think TM Lewin is damn awesome for the prices, mine have lasted ages and I do take advantage of the 4 for 90 quid offer (less discount).

90% of my shirts are from there, slim fit and quality is the best out of easily accessible high street shops.

Lex was spot on Bob with the vid, will actually try it on Tues when back to the grind. I did some practice runs of folding only on jackets (didnt actually pack them in my backpack), the way the guy from HK did it and the other guy who rolled it so will try one version one day, another the best and will see which ends up looking the best.
    Scott Aspect 40 2011
  • Presumably you'll be having a shower at your work? If possible, take the suit out and hang it in the shower room while you are in the shower. The steam does a great job of taking the creases out.