My new mountain bike

type.rst
type.rst Posts: 50
edited January 2012 in Your mountain bikes
Hello guys after alot of research online i have finally purchased my mountain bike. The last time i had ridden a bike was when i was a kid.

Here it is, a 2011 Kona Blast which i purchased from Evans Cycles.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/73027645@N03/6589690157/

When the bike arrived i over tightened the stem face plate causing it to crack. So i went to evans cycles and got a white ritchey comp stem fitted, also got the matching white ritchey seatpost, white dmr v8 pedals and white lizard skins charger grips. I think the white and blue theme looks really nice.

I will be taking the bike to cannock chase for the first time on saturday, i cant wait.

Comments

• looks nice matey. hope you like the bike how it looks now, cuz after 1 lap of cannock chase it will be a deeper shade of brown.
    2011 KHS Full Susser Carbon 29er Race Build
    Clank wrote:
    M'eh, I might just go back to zapping it with frikken lay-zur beeeems. And sharks.
  • Very nice, but jesus how much force did you put into tightening the stem clamp?
  • Ouija
    Ouija Posts: 1,386
    Very nice, but jesus how much force did you put into tightening the stem clamp?

Indeed. You only need to snug it up tight, something you could do with just your pinky finger. After you've tightened the bolts on the stem the top cap becomes redundant anyways.
  • I guess i kept tightening it as it just didn't feel tight enough untill i noticed a small crack lol.