Elite Crono or Elite SuperCrono?

mrbez
mrbez Posts: 113
edited December 2011 in Road buying advice
Hi Guys,

Can anybody shed any light on the differences between these two? Which would be the better of the two any why?

Should I get one of these, or the Cycleops Fluid 2?

Many thanks.

Comments

• I asked a question about TT's (under the heading "Apologies, another question about Turbo Trainers") and in particular the Elite Crono. I was intending to buy the Elite based upon over 350 positive reviews on Wiggle, and also a positive review on Bikeradar. One of the guys (amaferanga) that replied said he had the Elite Crono and the Cycleops Fluid 2 and that the Cycleops was far better than the Elite. Since then I've been trying to get a second hand Cycleops on ebay but they have all sold for in excess of £180 (which includes interest). I'm continuing to monitor ebay but may wait until the winter is over when new one's may be sold cheaper and when second hand ones may be more common (and therefore also cheaper).

Like you I would be interested to read what others have to say about the Elite and the Cycleops Fluid 2. I suppose there won't be too many (like amaferanga) who have had both and are therefore able to give a better opinion.
  • mrbez
    Okay guys, any other advice?

Thanks.
  • I have the supercrono. The difference between that and the crono is the supercrono has power fluid. The crono is just standard. Basically it adds 100% to the amount of effort required. For eg on the box it says if u are doing 20 kmph on a crono it takes the average rider about 90 watts. To get the supercrono to 20 kmph it takes 180 watts. It basically feels that your on a climb permanently. Very good workout though and compared to my Taxc Sirius and Cyclops classic mag it feels a lot better. I also would have gone for the fluid 2 had I had the money but I am happy with this one. £169 from planet x cheapest I could find.
  • mrbez
    Thanks Gunner.

I think I am going to go for the Cycleops Fluid 2 at £200 from Tredz.

For the extra £30 over the supercrono, most people seem to highly recommend the fluid 2?