wiggle

b16 b3n
b16 b3n Posts: 301
edited January 2012 in Road buying advice
Im thinking of placing my first order with Wiggle. Does any one know which courier service they use? I need somthing asap.

Any info would be helpful.

cheers
" GET BACK CROC "

Comments

• petemadoc
    petemadoc Posts: 2,331
    As you're in Australia I suspect they'll use a pigeon service
  • blade8
    blade8 Posts: 43
    just email them and ask they are very helpfull , least ive found them to be
    dont listen to what some on here say ,, wiggle first class service,,
  • b16 b3n
    PeteMadoc wrote:
    As you're in Australia I suspect they'll use a pigeon service

Thanks for that, I'm currently in the UK on holiday with the rents. UK?
    " GET BACK CROC "
  • b16 b3n
    blade8 wrote:
    just email them and ask they are very helpfull , least ive found them to be
    dont listen to what some on here say ,, wiggle first class service,,

Hi thanks for your help, i've emailed them today but as of yet i've had no response. I've tried contacting them by phone but I cannot find a number. All im trying to find out really who the courier is as I dont like using Royal mail as they loose things left right and bloody centre.
    " GET BACK CROC "
  • kettrinboy
    kettrinboy Posts: 613
    edited December 2011
    Ive used them 20+ times over the years and i think every time it was City Link that delivered here,but hopefully their overseas service is as good as their UK delivery.
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    b16 b3n wrote:
    All im trying to find out really who the courier is as I dont like using Royal mail as they loose things left right and bloody centre.

Royal Mail are excellent. I've never had them lose anything and, unlike the couriers, you don't have to troop across to the other side of the city to some crappy depot to pick the item up when they've failed to deliver it when they said they would.
    Faster than a tent.......
  • blade8
    they sent a pair of wheels to me by a courier called city link, service wasnt bad from them
    but they only give you the day they will deliver not the time ,took about 4 or 5 five days to northern ireland,
    that was the free option ,, i think you can pay for a faster delivery just check their site for that ...
  • petemadoc
    petemadoc Posts: 2,331
    royal mail are excellent!

for bigger items they use city link
  • Evil Laugh
    Evil Laugh Posts: 1,412
    Id trust royal mail over city link. Just used them to courier something and the service and tracking accuracy was a joke.
  • siamon
    siamon Posts: 274
    Wiggle number 0239 231 4813. Be careful if you are ordering something expensive that it isn't second hand or a second.
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,464
    the day they "delivered" my bike my parents stayed in to wait for it. i received an email saying no one was in and a card was left, however there was no card. at the second attempt it got delivered, i'd been given city links local contact information by wiggle so could speak to someone who spoke to the driver. the bike then had to go back and finally was returned to me again. i was promised it would be dropped off by midday. by 2pm it still hadn't arrived so i rand and was told they never loaded it into the van. thankfully a nice person at their depot in scunthorpe offered to borrow a company van for the eveninh and drop it off on his way home to hull.

their smaller items usually arive in 2 to 4 days via royal mail with the free delivery option.
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • blade8
    i thought that i were the only one that had happened to,
    we sat in all day and when i did phone the national line
    was told i was nt there and the driver had left a card this never happened
    so frustrating , least you got a local number to ring ,,on the plus side yodel
    have been better so far !!!!l
  • ilm_zero7
    ilm_zero7 Posts: 2,213
    it may not be Wiggle's decision - companies contract with a courier here, then they shop around for the international and second domestic leg (unless you bite the bullet and go for a UPS or DHL)
    http://veloviewer.com/SigImage.php?a=3370a&r=3&c=5&u=M&g=p&f=abcdefghij&z=a.png
    Wiliers: Cento Uno/Superleggera R and Zero 7. Bianchi Infinito CV and Oltre XR2
  • amaferanga
    amaferanga Posts: 6,789
    Rolf F wrote:
    Royal Mail are excellent. I've never had them lose anything and, unlike the couriers, you don't have to troop across to the other side of the city to some crappy depot to pick the item up when they've failed to deliver it when they said they would.

If a courier tries to deliver something when I'm not in I can almost always pick it up from the depot that evening (most depots are fairly nearby for me fortunately). With Royal Mail, despite the fact that the depot is a 10 minute walk away I usually have to wait 48 hours and can only pick it up in the morning. So I prefer couriers to RM for that reason.
    More problems but still living....