Kids wellies

tomilinski1
tomilinski1 Posts: 96
Sorry, not strictly cycling related!

Has anyone got a recommended welly brand for kids?

My son just trashes his pairs, as I am sure that the wellies are designed for people who never actually splash in puddles, ride bikes or climb trees etc
Bring back the original C4 Tour theme tune !

The wife's breastfeeding tops website

Comments

• merkin
    merkin Posts: 452
    We tend to use hiking boots for the kids nowadays. Just got new ones for eldest for about £20 by regatta. Never had to buy any for youngest as he gets the hand me downs. Welles are blooming freezing and always end up full of water, stones, leaves and god-only-knows what else. Also the socks slip down! Great for really deep puddles though!
  • We buy cheap green wellies for ours from a big agricultural retailer when we are in the south west: http://www.molevalleyfarmers.com/mvf/store/products/border-infants-wellingtons

They're 6 quid for small sizes and 7 quid for larger (kids) sizes and the smallest ones that we have are now onto their third child. The one pair of "fancy" kids wellies we bought barely lasted a few months before splitting - and they were a lot more expensive.

HTH,

_
  • Great - thanks for the link! I think I might also invest in some farmers style overalls for the kids too!
    Bring back the original C4 Tour theme tune !

The wife's breastfeeding tops website