Northern Winter Bike - 2011 Carrera Fury

The Northern Monkey
The Northern Monkey Posts: 19,174
edited December 2011 in Your mountain bikes
Just cleaned and lubed the spare bike back home. Hasn't been used for about 5 months (last time I was back up North) so I thought I'd give it a spruce up before taking it out to Gisburn.

Great bike, brilliant fork, lovely to ride... completely standard!

temporary-22.jpg

Comments

• Squarepants
    Squarepants Posts: 1,019
    Looks like a cracking ride for the money.. Comparison to the Boardman?
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
    It's not that I'm over over biked, my bike is under personed...
  • Its nice, not as racey Boardman so there is a slight difference but not a great deal... Been told its about 4lb heavier than the Boardman, but its not that noticeable tbh... give the bike a nice burly feel lol.

Could do with wider bars and a shorter stem if I'm honest, but my Dad likes is as it is and he tends to ride it to the shops now and then (hence the bell) and I'm not spending any cash on it!
  • Great ride at Gisburn today!!

Already said it,but this is once cracking bike for £500!! Had a slight pogo fork at the start, but tuned the rebound and it was spot on.
    Bars are deffo on the narrow side though :(

Highlights (sorry if these were you!) -
    A chap slid off the boardwalk on the top loop and I sailed past... think it was a rather expensive (possibly new) Spesh Enduro...
    Following an enthusiastic guy on an Orange 5 (with all the spangly kit and clothes) up one of the steeper and technical climbs only to overtake at the top..
    Made me grin thinking I was only a £500 hardtail! hehehe!