Scotland Tour

takeonafrica
takeonafrica Posts: 40
edited December 2011 in Routes
Got about 3-4 weeks when back home next summer and thought a trip to Scotland was in order as not explored there much.
Looking to take my mountain bike and packraft and tent. All I need now is a route. What would be recommendations of must visit places/trails/rivers/lochs. I like remote.

Been searching around a bit so got some ideas, but most trips written up are weekenders. I could either use the bike to get to a place and then head off nd hike/packraft. Or I can bike and raft to get from a to b. Perhaps Great glen way, fort William, side trip to Skye... then south. Quite fancy fitting in a couple of mtb days (7 stanes).

So, given say 3 weeks, what would be your ideal summer trip?

I like off-road!

Comments

• Where to start..... Any of the trail centres are good, with Golspie(Highland Wildcat), Laggan, Glentress and Innerleithan being the pick IMO.
    If you have Os maps, anywhere from Oban to Lochinver up the West coast hasexcellent off road potential using paths etc. Most that I have found are for walking/rambling but due to small numbers of people the sections I have been on, people on bikes a re welcolm.
    2011 Orange 224 evo race
    2009 Orange 5 pro
    2008 Scott Scale 30
    2002 S-works m5 fsr