So who managed a Boxing Day ride?

optimisticbiker
optimisticbiker Posts: 1,657
edited December 2011 in Commuting chat
Got up early (but not too early) and got lunch prepped and ready to cook, then went out and bashed off a moderately hilly 20 miles; would have done more but had to get back for lunch guests. It was lovely out, sunny and 12degC, very invigorating :)
Invacare Spectra Plus electric wheelchair, max speed 4mph :cry:

Comments

• 45mph wind gusting to 60mph is beyond me. 25/35mph wind was hard enough on Xmas eve.
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • dunnnooo
    dunnnooo Posts: 900
    Ai, did a few laps of Richmond on the mtb. Goodness grief it was busy. Got into the bad habit of trying to take on roadies going uphill, just to get decimated on the way back down. Good fun though.
    I'd give my right hand to be ambi-dextrous
  • Libraio
    Libraio Posts: 181
    Went out for a 20 mile ride with my gf. Cycled really slow through the dunes north of The Hague. Really pretty today.
    The Commuter: 2009 Trek District
    The John Deere: 2011 Van Dessel WTF
  • Sure did, got a garmin 500 from Santa so got that all set up and headed out in the surrey hills for 75km spin.
    Feeling it now though. Maybe time for a nap!
    Banstead in Surrey to Russell square and back
    FCN 4
  • suzyb
    suzyb Posts: 3,449
    Nope, too windy for me :(

I should have asked for a dose of WTFU for christmas as the past couple of days have been good weather otherwise. But feeling how the wind was battering the car yesterday I wimped out.
  • Jay dubbleU
    Jay dubbleU Posts: 3,159
    Managed 20 miles round the Cotswolds - bit breezy but not too bad - can't believe how warm it is
  • clarkey cat
    clarkey cat Posts: 3,641
    a gentle 10 miler while the gammon was boiling. Thinking about heading out tomorrow though to the Surrey Hills
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    No chance. At the in-laws, but back now and intend to head out to RP in the crosser early doors.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,538
    Nope, used up my leave out on Xmas eve, but might try too get a sneaky one in tomorrow. Visiting my bro-in-law today in hospital waiting for triple heart bypass surgery made me want to get a bit more exercise in !
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • jds_1981
    jds_1981 Posts: 1,858
    http://app.strava.com/clubs/silly-commuter-racers

You can also see who the turbo-guys are ;)
    FCN 9 || FCN 5
  • jds_1981 wrote:
    http://app.strava.com/clubs/silly-commuter-racers

You can also see who the turbo-guys are ;)

Some of those routes are very untidy :shock: :wink:

My Xmas Eve ride was much tidier http://app.strava.com/rides/2862333

Will probably go for a gentle ride tomorrow
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • KonaMike
    KonaMike Posts: 805
    Well technically I did get a Boxing Day ride......but only in the Hallway on my new Elite rollers ......which I am yet to master!!
  • Managed a pass up and over Pennines a couple of times, Headwind was awful though...
  • apreading
    apreading Posts: 4,535
    15 miles of hilly stuff - great way to work of the Xmas pudding!
  • 61Sigs
    61Sigs Posts: 71
    Managed 20 miles round the Cotswolds - bit breezy but not too bad - can't believe how warm it is

Went to visit family in the Cotswolds, so I took the bike and managed about 12 - 15 miles. It was bloody hard work, very windy and I think I managed to double my body weight on Christmas Day :lol:
    Epic FSR for the real stuff
    Hardrock Sport utility bike
    Boardman CX Team
  • gbsahne001
    gbsahne001 Posts: 1,973
    nope, haven't seen any of my bikes for 10 days..... 3rd January's going to be hard, having not been on a bike for 2 weeks.
  • Me! I managed one but didn't get very far. I went further on BD+1, into the 30s, but went virtually nowhere today. Spirits and cycling really don't mix.
  • Me! I managed one but didn't get very far. I went further on BD+1, into the 30s, but went virtually nowhere today. Spirits and cycling really don't mix.
    No they don't, good thing I don't drink spirits :) . Banged out a moderately hilly 43miler round Bedfordshire today, with stops for lunch and tea. Started out pleasant enough, then the wind got up and the temperature dropped 6degC which made it decidely less pleasant... a small diversion due to a google map error in the route planner (a small road turned out to be a rutted muddy track... but only once we'd got a couple of miles down it) meant we ended up doing the last 5miles in the dark without lights :(
    Invacare Spectra Plus electric wheelchair, max speed 4mph :cry:
  • NGale
    NGale Posts: 1,866
    I went kayaking for 10 miles instead :D
    Officers don't run, it's undignified and panics the men
  • Headhuunter
    Headhuunter Posts: 6,494
    I cycled from the parents' place in Luton back home to SE London. There were no trains so I had no choice. Was a nice little ride...
    Do not write below this line. Office use only.
  • clarkey cat
    clarkey cat Posts: 3,641
    since Xmas day I've done 95 miles which has helped with the old gunt (a bit). Another 20 tonight and then hopefully a club run on New Year Day - see how the the head is.
  • Clarion
    Clarion Posts: 223
    I ride every day, so of course I did!

Christmas Day had been 81km on the tandem with a large group of folks. Boxing day was tandemming again - just under 40km this time - up to Richmond Park to meet some members of a different forum. And we saw some people from another forum again in RP. :)
    Riding on 531