Rock Shox Lyrik - huge brake dive

dnl
dnl Posts: 5
edited December 2011 in MTB workshop & tech
Hi!
I recently purchased a Canyon Strive enduro bike w a 2011 Lyrik RC2DH 2-Step fork (w air spring, but as far as i know it is not the same as Solo Air - or is it?)

I've been on a couple of rides, and i think i got the air pressure nice and comfortable on the fork, and im still getting a huge brake dive. If i'm sitting in the saddle at about medium cruizing speed (say 20 km/h), and i pull hard on the brakes (rear weel does not being lifted in the air) the fork dives in about 75%of the travel. If i am slowle ascending on a steep section the front end dives so deep that i loose most of the control compared to my old non air-sprung fork.

Also :
- increasing low speed damping does not alter the experienced brake dive. Although i must say that all my previous forks have not had compression damping), and i barely feel any difference when playing with the high-speed and the low-speed dials. Could that be possibly related to oil levels?
- when i release air pressure from the fork leg, the oil that is supposed to be injected into the lower leg is seeping out through the air valve. Is that normal?

Oil levels have been checked, all is up to spec.

Is this break-dice a tweaking-setup kind of thing, or can we generally declare that bigger brake dive is a characteristic of air springs?

Anxiuosly waiting your opinions!!!
dnl

Comments