Anyone Else Heard About This !!

RDB66
RDB66 Posts: 492
edited December 2011 in The bottom bracket
Was talking to a good friend of mine whos in retail yesterday.

Anyway, he tells me that *FatFace* the trendy/surfy clothing people have bought out *Wiggle*
and that FF are planning on opening Cycling shops around the country ??

Shock Horror ! or on the Cards !

If its true you heard it here first...lol

RB.
A Brother of the Wheel. http://www.boxfordbikeclub.co.uk

09 Canyon Ultimate CF for the Road.
2011 Carbon Spesh Stumpy FSR.

Comments

• sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,435
    wiggle was bought by bridgepoint, a private equity firm

fat face is also owned by bridgepoint
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • £180m for Wiggle :shock:
  • pottssteve
    pottssteve Posts: 4,069
    £180m for Wiggle :shock:

Ah, but did they get any Haribo? :D

180 million doesn't sound that much so maybe their profit margins are tight...?

Steve
    Head Hands Heart Lungs Legs
  • Zoomer37
    Zoomer37 Posts: 725
    Lets hope not. Fat Face shops/cloths are awful.
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    I go to south Devon a lot on holiday and like to look round the shops there. There's always a fat face and it's always over priced clothes that I'd not buy anyway. Unless they start opening wiggle boutiques I can't see the ownership making much difference.
  • PostieJohn
    PostieJohn Posts: 1,105
    If this were to be true it would make sense, as FF & Wiggle are both based in Portsmouth.
  • McBain_v1
    McBain_v1 Posts: 5,237
    Agree that Fat Face isn't the best clothing retailer out there - tries too hard to be trendy in my opinion. As for the investment vehicle Bridgepoint buying Wiggle it might not be good news. I expect one of the first things that the new owners will do is strip out anything vaguely profitable into a virtually untraceable but almost certainly offshore finance vehicle to further fatten the pension pots of the Directors, and then see whether there is any scope to amalgamate FatFace and Wiggle into ... Fat Wiggle

This way you can continue to enjoy over-priced goods with truly awful customer service ;)

What do I ride? Now that's an Enigma!